My new SPS Tank

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roberto, big fan, been following you for a while.

Quick question: which powerhead do you prefer, the gyre, mp40, or Nero 5? I know that the gyre has a different flow pattern so it may not be the best comparison. also, is there a noise difference between these 3 pumps (I'm trying to find the quietest one)?
thanks

Justin_Casper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is super random, but on your older 10g tank:

What percentage/mode did you run the MP10 at? What overall intensity was the Hydra 52? and How big were your water changes every week?

I currently have a 16 Gallon nano (converting from softies to acros) and looking for some general ideas. Using pretty much the same equipment you were.

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Absolutely the best way to grow acro. I even went so far as to eliminate the rock work from mine.

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roberto, big fan, been following you for a while.

Quick question: which powerhead do you prefer, the gyre, mp40, or Nero 5? I know that the gyre has a different flow pattern so it may not be the best comparison. also, is there a noise difference between these 3 pumps (I'm trying to find the quietest one)?
thanks

My Gyre is dead quiet, If I have to choose just one pump, I would go with gyre. MP 40 is very quiet as well and Nero 5 do a little noise.

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is super random, but on your older 10g tank:

What percentage/mode did you run the MP10 at? What overall intensity was the Hydra 52? and How big were your water changes every week?

I currently have a 16 Gallon nano (converting from softies to acros) and looking for some general ideas. Using pretty much the same equipment you were.

I used to run my mp10 at 50% in reef crest mode. My Hydra about 50% too. I don´t remember about the water changes, but I guess 40%/50% per month. The main problem about nano with SPS is that you need to test and replace alk almost every day , so keep your eye on alk to avoid problems.

Justin_Casper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to run my mp10 at 50% in reef crest mode. My Hydra about 50% too. I don´t remember about the water changes, but I guess 40%/50% per month. The main problem about nano with SPS is that you need to test and replace alk almost every day , so keep your eye on alk to avoid problems.
Thank you! I plan on automating the testing&dosing of alk/cal with an alkatronic and carbocalcium. There’s no way I’d be able to keep up with the rapid changes with manual testing and dosing.

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go :

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roberto :)
Did you make changes to your lighting? Maybe I missed it, but thought you were all LED, but the fixture in recent pictures looks like t5/ hybrid?
As always Roberto, tank is amazing, and photos beautiful as well :)

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roberto :)
Did you make changes to your lighting? Maybe I missed it, but thought you were all LED, but the fixture in recent pictures looks like t5/ hybrid?
As always Roberto, tank is amazing, and photos beautiful as well :)

No changes, same fixture ( aquatic life ), since day one I´m using the same fixture

Cheers

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back