My New Teardrop

  • Thread starter Thread starter Overboard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Overboard

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
445
Reaction score
416
Location
Sugar Land, Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
E300E72A-236F-422B-A52C-8C944C7171F0.jpeg
 
Very nice. A green one. That got to set you back quite a bit. I love it.
 
Very nice. A green one. That got to set you back quite a bit. I love it.
A year of ago, I was certain I would never see a colored teardrop again, let alone be able to get one. Maybe 15 years since I had one and I have a soft spot for them, no doubt!
 
Way back in the early 2000's, I got a red-pink "teardrop Maxima" He did not live for more than 1 week, and I have never seen anything like that anymore. It was in the early day when collecting and shipping problem plaque the clams from Vietnam. If it live, It would have been a very expensive clam now.
 
Way back in the early 2000's, I got a red-pink "teardrop Maxima" He did not live for more than 1 week, and I have never seen anything like that anymore. It was in the early day when collecting and shipping problem plaque the clams from Vietnam. If it live, It would have been a very expensive clam now.
Wow! I would love to see a clam like that. I have seen green and blue and sort of a mixture of the two, but red-pink would be amazing!
 
A year of ago, I was certain I would never see a colored teardrop again, let alone be able to get one. Maybe 15 years since I had one and I have a soft spot for them, no doubt!
Why’s that? They’re common here!
 
Origins haven’t changed (tonga, Vietnam, Australia aquacultured, Marshall Islands, aqua/mariculture) but it seems most of them have been shipping to Europe and Japan, as aquarists there and here are willing to pay more. Of course, with flights/COVID the last year they’ve really fallen off, there are barely any direct flights so importing is difficult/impossible. :( Supposedly importing will pick back up here in April, we’ll see...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new