My Orchid photos

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful flowers. I have always liked orchids but tend to have a hard time keeping them alive.

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm more impressed that you are able to keep them than photograph them :bigsmile:

El Fantasma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick flowers, I'm trying to grow some rare/crazy roses in my future. They got some sick colors out there.

Cubbies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your special care for these? I know they are hard to keep and have failed myself to do so. What do you do that you think is the key to success with them

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

milkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orchids were my prior hobby before reef tanks. I was "addicted" for about 15 years until an unplanned move required me to sell home and greenhouse along with my collection of about 3,000 orchids. Collecting orchids can be just as addictive as collecting marine fish and corals. The care required to cultivate them is just as demanding as our reef tanks.

Young Frankinstein is lucky enough to live in Miami where they can be grown outside. If I lived in a warm climate, I would be right back into it in a heartbeat, but for now I am stuck in the Kansas City.

I was an orchid judge for the American Orchid Society for a number of years and judged the Miami International Orchid show on a couple of occasions. If you are ever in Miami, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, or New York City during their annual "big" orchid shows, it's something not to be missed.

OP
OP
Young Frankenstein

Young Frankenstein

I sniff ozone and relax.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your special care for these? I know they are hard to keep and have failed myself to do so. What do you do that you think is the key to success with them
The key is an automatic 2 sec spray every 30minutes, I also water them with the automatic sprayer, the spray is hooked up to my skimmer cleaning pump and they turn on together.
DSCN3608.jpg

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are gorgeous, I love orchids. I usually by for the home and then attach to my palms once they lose their blooms

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 71 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.8%
Back