My other hobby.......Poetry.

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So besides being an aquarist and reefer, I am a Poet. I have been writing poems ever since middle school and it's a good way for me to express myself. Idk if I should post some poems on here so I'll see what you guys say. Yea or na.

Gunner2012

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So besides being an aquarist and reefer, I am a Poet. I have been writing poems ever since middle school and it's a good way for me to express myself. Idk if I should post some poems on here so I'll see what you guys say. Yea or na.
If its poetry with fish and corals in it.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the lounge section. It was designed for non-reef related posts.
If you want to post some of what you've written, you should!
I also write, but the subjects I choose to write about aren't exactly R2R friendly haha.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REM Sleep

State of Mind
Wake up from a dream and I'm still imagining I'm sleeping. My minds taught on the fact that I'm misbelieving. Because when I wake up to reality it's a nightmare that I can't leave. It's a pasture that I cannot flee. A place where my state of mind isn't free. It's like my past was in a different life. Memories tucked in the back of my mind. I miss those times.
Connections....
My emotions are deep. Every time I go to sleep. They creep in my dreams. Like I gotta caulk them up so they won't go through the seams. Born in a world that exaggerates. Non of haters think to contemplate. Like I don't say what they say just to make sure I don't head their way. I don't see how I'm still in the shade. While I know in my mind they are still fakes. Cuz I do the labor. I rake my own leaves.But please don't think so false see me. I'm not like others. I close my shutters. Don't pay attention to my surroundings. I lay down and go to sleep. I see a bad dream. I wake up and I start to think. Is this the way it's supposed to be. I guess its the way you remember things that makes them the way they seem. However I feel like society puts itself to a lever. Pushing down on someone. Making them crack under pressure. Sometimes saying never say never isn't good enough. Yes it may be tough. But you got to understand that life is rough. You wake up everyday think about everything that has gone so wrong. But then again those things gone wrong are supposed to make you more strong. As I look beyond the world that falls apart. Then comes back the next day and becomes more prolong.
Escape
I seen her when I sleep. Somehow she seeps in my dreams. Is it really the only way to believe my dreams can come true. To see them as my only reality. Wake up from a dream and I'm still imagining I'm sleeping. My minds taught on the fact that I'm misbelieving. Because when I wake up to reality it's a nightmare that I can't leave. It's a pasture that I cannot flee. A place where my state of mind isn't free. Wish she was here. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of her by my side. It's like a part of me died and instead of going forward, my minds focusing on what I've left behind. It's like a different life. I tell myself lies just to see the other side. The other side where I was free and all my emotions weren't kept inside.
Nothing Left Inside
Walk past her. She's with another guy. Disaster. Your hearts torn. Your dead inside. Gun to your head; open fire. Can't decide whether to move on or give it another try. Your left broken in the end. Burnt down to ashes. Regretted the fact that I put my entire life on pause for what I went after. It's a lesson learned. Boundless pain. My fault for starting with feelings at all. What goes around comes around. But it keeps going around again and again. Used to say without her I'd be without strength. But now that she's gone I'm stronger than I was ever. At least that's what I say. Never mind how I feel. I don't feel anything no more. You took that out of me. Now I'm stone cold. Heartless. We all now once someone says that we will remain as friends that we will never talk to each other ever again.
Different Life
It's felt like a different life.
You miss those times.
Those memories created. Gone to waste.
Your hearts a vast empty space. Cold.
Lay her head on my shoulder.
Just to give warmth.
Showed her that the reason she was stronger than ever was because she no longer fought this fight alone.
Heart torn. Memories in the brain overflow.
Nothing left to fear. Been through hell and back.
Feel the end is near.
Ask yourself everyday if you maybe weren't good enough.
But he didn't know your value.
Didn't realize what he had until it was gone.
But now it's clearer
True beauty stands at the other side of the mirror.

brady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there are many guys like both poetry and reef keeping...seems like those don't mix together nicely :) .... keep them coming!

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrum

Black
I look and I see multiple faces. My sight is blinded by the propulsion of the passion. There's a reason why a mirror reflects. True beauty stands at the other side of the mirror. Shows all the struggle and the negligence that's been caused; but your still moving. If I went back to the past and looked toward the future I wouldn't know what to expect. Knowing that the past was pain and didn't know if I'd be able to sustain what would come the next day. But strength showed a sign of resilience. Black shows a sign of depth. But it was iridescent. My optics where blurred out wherever black was present. Desolation comes without a key. Without a door. The only thing guarding it is a mental state of knowing to or hold the phone. Enter in and lies the distortion of thoughts. Didn't like what was to been seen across. But then it became clear. It's the same person through the mirror.

White
I'd have a grasp on everything that happened in the past. In matter of fact let me go back to that empty space in my life. The reason I'll strife with anyone who disrespects my passion for writing these lyrics in a rhythmical sentence. My history is a meek vast wasteland of broken mirrors that reflects shattered memories. I look at the what comes before me and see multiple faces. I stand at the reason my sight is blinded. Don't want to take the fact that I'm trapped in an abyss. Seeking refugee for venue. Thoughts are hacked with the knowledge of knowing that my initial state of mind can never go back. Search up deprived in the dictionary. Marked by deprivation was written. Felt counterfeit when I saw myself standing in the mirror. Had standing by me was Fiction.

Colors
In the image portrays a thousand words. You left me speechless. Spent time grieving. I was out of out the picture so I had no reason speaking. It's like you painted your own story over the real reason. It ended abrupt. Your side to the story was a cover up. I stood black and white from the beginning . You revealed your true colors. Nothing like what you said when we met each other. False seen. Everything I knew about you. It's like time was just waiting for me to get screwed. It happened. You happy? My heart bleeds from what you done to me. I lost sight of what you actually came to be. But all this time I kept it to myself. One thing I was left with was knowing that no matter how many times you were blowing I was stoic.

Reflections
I'd have a grasp on everything that happened in the past. In matter of fact let be go back to that empty space in my life. The reason I'll strife with any who disrespects my passion for writing these lyrics in a rhythmical sentence. My history is a meek vast wasteland of broken mirrors that reflects shattered memories. I look at the what comes before me and see multiple faces. I stand at the reason my sight is blinded. Don't want to take the fact that I'm stuck in a empty space. Just want to erase that tracks that I've patched. My conscience is telling me just to lay back and relax.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back