Hello from my living room

tanks2u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting the reminder notification to introduce myself, so here it is. I was out of the hobby for 13 years and decided to get back in last July. I bought a used Red Sea Reefer 450 and I've had it setup since last July/August. I completely ignored the tank till this June, basically just topping off the water and only a few water changes since last summer. I am the prime example of how not to maintain a saltwater tank. Usually, people get into the hobby and are in such a rush, they don't wait for the tank to cycle because they just want to put fish and/or corals in the tank; apparently, I'm the complete opposite. Prior to Reefapalooza (NY) this June, I had my water tested by my LFS, and everything was ok, except for the nitrates which were 200ppm. Wow! How does that even happen? Fast forward to the writing of this post, and everything is still mostly in check, with my nitrates right around 50ppm. I do have some small coral frags in the tank, but no fish just yet. The hobby has changed a lot in the 13 years of my absence, but I've learned a lot, especially in the last 6 weeks. I'm excited to be back in the hobby, and I look forward to the day my tank is stable and full of beautiful corals and fish.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back