My Pet Lobster

Natadactyl

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2021
Messages
235
Reaction score
427
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few people have encouraged me to build a thread for my maritime lobster Larry! He came to me after I rescued him from some kids that had bought him from a grocery store and werent being so nice! After I "convinced" them to give him to me i kept him at my restaurants tank until my tank was ready to go! I put different colored bands on him so everyone knew he wasnt for dinner and now hes been home for almost 2 weeks! Ill share some pictures and progress on how he's doing and any info or advice is always welcome!!! Cheers!!

Snapchat-936583821.jpg
 
Last edited:
Larrys new pad! Attempt 1! I took most of the plants out after i found out they had abit of metal in the bases! Luckily i caught it the same day! No damage done thank goodness! Ordered him 100% plastic ones! Will post when the new one come in
 

Attachments

  • Snapchat-1883247405.jpg
    Snapchat-1883247405.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 244
Following along , Larry is a whole vibe. I love that you were able to save him and give him a home , not a lot of people would do that, I wish him years of living the good life. Larry 4L
 
Cool Project, Might need some more rock to have a cave and some wood to make him feel more at home but very cool all the same!
 
Following along , Larry is a whole vibe. I love that you were able to save him and give him a home , not a lot of people would do that, I wish him years of living the good life. Larry 4L
He better be around a long time! After all he has been through he deserves it! I have a 75 gallon tank for him but hope to get a bigger one in a year or 2 when i buy a house!!! Larry 4 Life!!! Lol! Love it
 
He better be around a long time! After all he has been through he deserves it! I have a 75 gallon tank for him but hope to get a bigger one in a year or 2 when i buy a house!!! Larry 4 Life!!! Lol! Love it
He’s been through it , but to have survived for so long I think you got one tough Larry. If you ever want to build him a cave that he can fully hide himself I would recommend buying one of those plastic black pots like from lowes and cutting it in half and weighing down with rocks / covering it in sand I’m sure Larry would accept, of course just my suggestion! I used to do this for snakes and they really appreciated having a spot to fully hide , it would make them feel secure and encourage running around more - I have no experience with lobsters though so lol
 
He’s been through it , but to have survived for so long I think you got one tough Larry. If you ever want to build him a cave that he can fully hide himself I would recommend buying one of those plastic black pots like from lowes and cutting it in half and weighing down with rocks / covering it in sand I’m sure Larry would accept, of course just my suggestion! I used to do this for snakes and they really appreciated having a spot to fully hide , it would make them feel secure and encourage running around more - I have no experience with lobsters though so lol
He has a pretty good cave now! Ill post a better pic tommorow! Can't at night cause i dont have lights yet lol!!! Thats is a good idea for a cave cause his live rock sure aint cheap around my parts lol! Hes worth it though!!! Lol
 
Cool Project, Might need some more rock to have a cave and some wood to make him feel more at home but very cool all the same!
He has a cave i just dont have a good pic! Will post one tommorow lol!! They love their hiding spots!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new