My Pet Lobster

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few people have encouraged me to build a thread for my maritime lobster Larry! He came to me after I rescued him from some kids that had bought him from a grocery store and werent being so nice! After I "convinced" them to give him to me i kept him at my restaurants tank until my tank was ready to go! I put different colored bands on him so everyone knew he wasnt for dinner and now hes been home for almost 2 weeks! Ill share some pictures and progress on how he's doing and any info or advice is always welcome!!! Cheers!!

Snapchat-936583821.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larrys new pad! Attempt 1! I took most of the plants out after i found out they had abit of metal in the bases! Luckily i caught it the same day! No damage done thank goodness! Ordered him 100% plastic ones! Will post when the new one come in

Attachments

• Snapchat-1883247405.jpg
    Snapchat-1883247405.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 192
OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along , Larry is a whole vibe. I love that you were able to save him and give him a home , not a lot of people would do that, I wish him years of living the good life. Larry 4L
He better be around a long time! After all he has been through he deserves it! I have a 75 gallon tank for him but hope to get a bigger one in a year or 2 when i buy a house!!! Larry 4 Life!!! Lol! Love it

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He better be around a long time! After all he has been through he deserves it! I have a 75 gallon tank for him but hope to get a bigger one in a year or 2 when i buy a house!!! Larry 4 Life!!! Lol! Love it
He’s been through it , but to have survived for so long I think you got one tough Larry. If you ever want to build him a cave that he can fully hide himself I would recommend buying one of those plastic black pots like from lowes and cutting it in half and weighing down with rocks / covering it in sand I’m sure Larry would accept, of course just my suggestion! I used to do this for snakes and they really appreciated having a spot to fully hide , it would make them feel secure and encourage running around more - I have no experience with lobsters though so lol

OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s been through it , but to have survived for so long I think you got one tough Larry. If you ever want to build him a cave that he can fully hide himself I would recommend buying one of those plastic black pots like from lowes and cutting it in half and weighing down with rocks / covering it in sand I’m sure Larry would accept, of course just my suggestion! I used to do this for snakes and they really appreciated having a spot to fully hide , it would make them feel secure and encourage running around more - I have no experience with lobsters though so lol
He has a pretty good cave now! Ill post a better pic tommorow! Can't at night cause i dont have lights yet lol!!! Thats is a good idea for a cave cause his live rock sure aint cheap around my parts lol! Hes worth it though!!! Lol

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back