My RBTA Stung Me Today

RJinPV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all. I was cleaning the tank and my hand brushed the RBTA which returned the favor with a sting. It felt like a needle sticking into my finger and there was something left on the sting site which I quickly brushed off without taking the time to look at it. First time this has happened to me. It hurt for a while and I did a vinegar and hot water soak. No welts so all OK. Why am I posting this? The anemone was wide open and extended toward the lights and doing great before the sting. Afterwards it was more closed up away from the lights with the tentacles becoming little round balloons. It looks like it's stinging of me took a small toll on itself. I'm not sure if that is common or not. Any similar experiences?

dylana407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of RBTA and sold many. I have never feel a sting from them. I have other exotic BTAs as well. Maybe something else stings you. I was stung by the mag. several times. It was pain spreading over the entire area and up the arm, but never feel like a needle type sting.

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anenome stings can be painful, depends on where on the arm you get stung. Fingers, usually not too bad, inner side of arms, the softer skin, more painful.

OP
OP
RJinPV

RJinPV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of RBTA and sold many. I have never feel a sting from them. I have other exotic BTAs as well. Maybe something else stings you. I was stung by the mag. several times. It was pain spreading over the entire area and up the arm, but never feel like a needle type sting.
I'm very sure sure it was the RBTA.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back