powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Angel_Anthias lover maybe you would know since you are in Ireland. I’ve been told a few times that the royal family of Ireland has the last name Powers. Do you know if this is true? Because it’s my last name too haha. Although I’m sure there are a lot of non-royalty in Ireland with that last name, wouldn’t that be something to find out I am royalty?

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Angel_Anthias lover maybe you would know since you are in Ireland. I’ve been told a few times that the royal family of Ireland has the last name Powers. Do you know if this is true? Because it’s my last name too haha. Although I’m sure there are a lot of non-royalty in Ireland with that last name, wouldn’t that be something to find out I am royalty?
Unfortunately there is no royal family in ireland, just a government rule currently. I assume due to british rule previously and how that went they never wanted a royal family again.

However i did find this article
So it seems like you could very well be related to a past monarchy, if i read it right

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahah i love how the pencil wrasse gets a big chunk and runs off, that's what my halichoeres wrasses love to do with it too
Lol i found that funny too, didnt expect him to do that haha.
Did your wrasses eat it, idk if Mine managed to haha

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately there is no royal family in ireland, just a government rule currently. I assume due to british rule previously and how that went they never wanted a royal family again.

However i did find this article
So it seems like you could very well be related to a past monarchy, if i read it right
@Angel_Anthias lover I read this article, very interesting. One thing I know that the article doesn’t mention is the group that came to Ireland from the Normandy region of France, were following William the Conqueror. He conquered France then sailed to Ireland, and changed his name to Le Poir. And then somehow that became the surname Power. There you go!

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope to have the whole kuiter collection one day - only have the wrasse one so far.

The new anthias look great btw.
As for the corals, I think a forest of easy softies would be beautiful with the fish you have.
The wrasse one was the first i got too, so many cool species in it.

Thanks, they are so pretty, the male seems to maybe have decompression issues, but hes been like that since i got him and he hasnt got any worse, so hopefully it will maybe resolve in its own. Or else internal parasites, so i have general cure and focus to treat him just in case. But his poo seems fine so hopefully not that.

Ive been thinking that too about soft corals dominant, is there any species you recommend.

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to wish you luck with this tank - one of my favorites here - as I say goodbye to r2r. One day I hope to have 1/2 this fish you've managed to keep in this tank!

I didn't join this forum in order to be pushed back into a closet, I joined in order to laugh at the funny 3d printed hats people make for their sea urchins and to share my love for marine life.

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to wish you luck with this tank - one of my favorites here - as I say goodbye to r2r. One day I hope to have 1/2 this fish you've managed to keep in this tank!

I didn't join this forum in order to be pushed back into a closet, I joined in order to laugh at the funny 3d printed hats people make for their sea urchins and to share my love for marine life.
Thank you for your wishes.

I too am disgusted by the position r2r has made evident to have taken. Im sure the monarchy will soon rot of this forum, as the crown only works when it has the peoples support, and once they realise that theyve lost business, they will switch sides, or continue in their downfall, as other forums claim the throne.

I cannot say for how much longer i can tolerate it here, part of me hopes things will change, but i cant see it. What i thought these forums stood for was just a mirage of the truth.

I shall end my rant, with one of my favourite quotes by lady gaga, from her song come to mama:

Dude in a lab coat, and a man of God
Fought over prisms and a forty-day flood
Well, I say rainbows did more than they've ever done
So, why do we gotta fight over ideas?
We're talking the same old **** after all of these years
Come to mama
Tell me who hurt ya
There's gonna be no future
If we don't figure this out

And also a quote from born this way:

Don't be a drag, just be a queen
Whether you're broke or evergreen
You're black, white, beige, chola descent
You're Lebanese, you're orient
Whether life's disabilities
Left you outcast, bullied, or teased
Rejoice and love yourself today
'Cause baby you were born this way
No matter gay, straight, or bi,
Lesbian, transgendered life,
I'm on the right track baby,
I was born to survive.
No matter black, white or beige
Chola or orient made,
I'm on the right track baby,
I was born to be brave.
I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201224_211316.jpg

On a lighter note here is my bunny sven.

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200517_195223.jpg

The little randalls anthia has been getting more confident lately
Thinking about adding a trio of these since they stay pretty small.They are gorgeous! Should I go with a trio of females or a male and two females. What can you tell me about them? Food...multiple feedings? Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back