NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not quarantine my anthias, but you may need someone else to help you with that sorry, i can feel everyone judging me cause of that lol

Not at all. I have not QTed in 40 years of fishkeeping. You are not the only one. Not saying it is good or bad, just to each their own.

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190218_191019_363.jpg

What a cutey lol

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a red sea reefer 350 which is about 60 Uk gallons/ 70 Us gallons i believe.
An updated fish list would be a good idea lol
So currently we have;
-Multibar angelfish
-coral beauty
-komohara fang blenny
-3 lyretail anthias
-2 red saddle anthias
- aiptasia eating filefish
-mcCoskers flasher wrasse
-female blue star leopard wrasse
-black cap gramma
-spotted mandarin fish
-percula clownfish

Unfortunately lost the tamarin wrasse due to internal parasites recently

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id like to add in the future more wrasses, specifically a pintail fairy wrasse or a radiant wrasse or a potter leopard wrasse or another tamarin wrasse. More anthias probably and maybe a potters angel again. I think i need a bigger tank for my wish list lol

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So phosphates seem to be high, my lfs suggests my rocks are leaching it, is that possible, also my rowaphos doesnt tumble well it just clumps, how can i fix this. I added phosguard as a back up. Any suggestions as to what to do, would a refugium by in anyway beneficial or effective to this size of tank. My corals arent doing just as good as they used to and i really want them to do well as im tired of looking at a tank full of coral skeletons from the brown jelly disease plague and i want them to grow a distract me from these lol. Fish on the otherhand seem to be doing fine and my mulitbar is putting on lots of weight

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate in the rock is indeed likely and is one of the big reason many cure their rock. Once it is in a tank patience helps and in some cases an export method helps. I have never used a reactor, but it would seem there would be a flow level that would get it to tumble. I had the same question about a small refugium on my 45 and the consensus seemed to be yes, even a small refugium can be beneficial.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I did. In an ATO chamber. My system was too young to need it and I worried it would consume the nutrients. I ran it a few months. It never really grew, but did not die and grew Cyanobacteria like a champ.

OP
OP
Angel_Anthias lover

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I did. In an ATO chamber. My system was too young to need it and I worried it would consume the nutrients. I ran it a few months. It never really grew, but did not die and grew Cyanobacteria like a champ.
Did it help reduce nutrients?

Back