My reef at 15 months

Thanks, ato bottle is good for about 2 days so I use 2 if I'm gone for weekend
Can you explain how it works? I would assume the bottle would just empty out in one shot? What keeps it from just completely emptying out?
 
Can you explain how it works? I would assume the bottle would just empty out in one shot? What keeps it from just completely emptying out?
It works just like a pet water dish filler using gravity and differential pressure. No wiring or float valves. Nothing mechanical to fail. I use an Evian water bottle but most soft drink bottles work. Easy to adjust water level. Mine is Wuyou chi on Amazon 13.95 but it is now sold under various names.
 
Welcome
14E92413-0AB8-4AEF-A54E-B4ACE95B5011.jpeg
to the club and great to see you innovative approach to a successful tank
 
I love where your tank ended up, do you have more info on this tanks journey?
No real journal. Stumbled along trying to interpret conflicting info. Started to cycle with dry rock. After 3 weeks started over with live rock. Happy I did. Easy to pull and deal with nasties in 5 gallon. Messed around with my lights until I found something the corals and I could agree upon. Thought large frequent water changes were essential with no skimmer until I noticed corals looking happier when I skipped a water change. Bought quite a few frags online that I decided to trade in later for something I liked more. Finally decided I like favias. I don't lose sleep worrying if my favias will be alive in the morning or whether my magnesium is 10 ppm out of range. I'm definitly not in the reefing big leagues but I enjoy my reef and enjoy seeing the spectacular reefs on this site.
 
Can you explain how it works? I would assume the bottle would just empty out in one shot? What keeps it from just completely emptying out?

Ran this ATO setup for 3 or 4 years on a small 15g tank, works really well. Sometimes simple is the most failsafe way to go.

Tank looks great! The scape makes the tank look much bigger than 5.5g. Keep posting as things grow out, I'd like to follow along.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new