OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I've been neglecting my build threat. I have to admit that I am very discouraged with my current build and am just ready to tear it down.

On a positive note, my new custom tank just shipped. It wasn't supposed to be ready until after Thanksgiving. I still have to build the new stand before I can even think about working on the plumbing. Before I can build the stand, I need to build my wife a new armoire. I love woodworking but what she has asked for will be a challenge so I've been stalling. Need to get at it now.

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you got to post pics of that armoire too!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to share a pic of your entire plumbing with your Synergy box?
Sorry, I don't have that tank yet. It is scheduled to ship next week so will be awhile before I get it set up and plumbed.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to believe that this thread is only 14 months old. With a little luck, it has 2 months before I close it down. The new tank has shipped and will be here next week. If I can get the new stand put together in time I may try to shut this system down over the Thanksgiving holiday. The clock is ticking.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With any luck, this thread closes in around 2 weeks. However, I did find something interesting out today. I had thought I was running 250 to 300 par at the level where my SPS were. I got a Seneye in today. My PAR at that level was only at 190. :( I'm sure this has been a contributing factor to my poor coral growth.

I upped it to 230 PAR for the 4 hour peak window and will probably push it up again next week which will probably max out my current lighting. Good thing my upgrade is including new lights!

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that PAR makes a big difference. That and stability are huge.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is tear down day. Time for my first aquarium to go away. It is being replaced with a system that is only possible because of everything I learned building this one. It seems like it is only fitting to take and post one last FTS before I start draining it to catch the fish in the next few hours. So, here it is. The final one.
last FTS.JPG

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This part of my reef journey has gone full circle. The old system is back on my driveway, exactly where it was when I started just over a year ago. This seems like a fitting time to end this thread. What a learning experience!

Obviously, I'm far from done in the hobby. I will do my best to keep the new system better updated than I did with this one!
My 187g slice of the ocean.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back