My Reefbot Arrived!

Itsander

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running KH, CA,Mg, and PO4 takes me about 30ish mins each time, including equipment cleaning. If I did this once a day (which I don't), it would mean that I'd be spending over 1 week per year on testing my aquarium water.

As one who hates testing water, I chalk this up as a waste of time. The RB costs appx $1000 and I have it setup to make 3,000 tests/year since I'm testing all 4 parameters twice a day. Over the course of 1 year, the cost of this machine comes out to paying RB about $0.12 for every test it runs, which you can probably find in your couch cushions!
That's a very good explanation, unfortunately I don't have the room for that big box , but I meet the guy from Lebanon at RAP in Orlando and the way he explained, convinced me to move forward, if I move to a bigger house, then it's on my pocket list, good luck

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Red Sea seems the way to go with these because you do not have to buy the whole test kit just the refills.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am very eager to see the results over a little time, i might just have to order one of these...do you buy the test supplies through them or can you use the over the counter red sea ?

also is there a way to have a apex system dose off of the results? or am i going too far too quick?

Bigboned

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intriguing, so this Bot does testing only ( not that that’s a prob) or does it dose aswell depending on results?

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been waiting for the apex trident but if this does all of those tests and can use basic red sea regents that might be a better solution. the test of time will also be important ..

hmm very interesting

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How much noise does it make? How is the accuracy? How far can the unit pump wastewater? Does it have to be right next to the tank?
As of now it is just 1 meter for all lines. Within the next two weeks they should be releasing an update to increase length to 2 meters.
It makes some noise but you dont have to be present when it conducts the tests. The pumps make a little noise and the syringe moving up/down and plunging as well. I think I may shoot a condensed video of it performing a test and post on youtube.

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why do you have to replace the syringe so often? They worried it will wear out the seals?

Looks pretty cool although I wish they could have figured out how to turn the syringe at a right angle somehow to make the unit more compact
You can probably get away with more, but something so inexpensive to swap out I wouldnt see it to be much of an issue.

idol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, I have more faith in the Apex Trident. They will release it when it's flawless and low in service requirements. I would rather have supplied testing products that I can buy from BRS - Marine Depot - Saltwater Aquarium. Replacing Pump heads every 6 months and Long custom needles every 60 uses is not for me. To much taking care of the unit that is suppose to make things simple. I am not onboard for that. I can do a lot of testing for $920.00.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, I have more faith in the Apex Trident. They will release it when it's flawless and low in service requirements. I would rather have supplied testing products that I can buy from BRS - Marine Depot - Saltwater Aquarium. Replacing Pump heads every 6 months and Long custom needles every 60 uses is not for me. To much taking care of the unit that is suppose to make things simple. I am not onboard for that. I can do a lot of testing for $920.00.
The ReefBot has lower cost per test than trident for the most part, and the test kits are sold all over the world including all the outlets you specify above, as they are distributed by the manufacturers of the kits. Trident can’t test N or P, or any of the other tests upcoming from reed kinetics. The reefbot can test as little or as often as you want, don’t have to test Mg a bunch of times a week just to use the reagent before it goes bad. In no objective way is trident better, if they are both functioning properly per the manufacturers specs.

idol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ReefBot has lower cost per test than trident for the most part, and the test kits are sold all over the world including all the outlets you specify above, as they are distributed by the manufacturers of the kits. Trident can’t test N or P, or any of the other tests upcoming from reed kinetics. The reefbot can test as little or as often as you want, don’t have to test Mg a bunch of times a week just to use the reagent before it goes bad. In no objective way is trident better, if they are both functioning properly per the manufacturers specs.
Do you own one?

Fishguywc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I’ve read that a dosing pump that can be connected to the Bot is coming.. I do see it on my app as a device... must be a placeholder

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is, Can you test multiple tanks with it? as in put the hose in a beaker full of X tank water and get a result?

I am excited about all of the "Testers" that are on the market or that are on the way but it still would be nice to test all 3 soon to be 4 of my systems with one product.

I would like to run a copper test on my QT ever day but then test my 2 displays and frag tank as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back