My Reefbot Arrived!

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you have to calibrate it for the RODI? My RODI tank is more than a meter away.

Tbyram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how does it handle the powders in the test kits? Like Red Sea. Do you have to mix with Rodi water then add to a vial?

Fishguywc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how does it handle the powders in the test kits? Like Red Sea. Do you have to mix with Rodi water then add to a vial?

Only test kits with liquid reagents can be used. So far there are decent options for most of the Tests, the website Q&A has more detail.

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to take the ride, but I still have a lot of questions regarding it's maintenance. For example, were to buy replacement vials with the plunger, syringes, dosing pump, and few other that it might came along the road.

It could be awesome if in some way it could be linked to the apex log for at least upload the testing results, and don't have to enter them manually. And from there adjust the dosing as needed. Maybe if they came with a dosing pump in a future that's a plus.

I think that it could help me a lot with those testing task, in special when my PTSD get over me and I don't have the motivation to do anything. I do enjoy doing the test by myself, is part of the fun of reefkeeping, it's give you the feeling of been a Mad Scientist... buajajajaja!!! But sometimes I don't feel doing it. And having living animals relying on me for their well being and thriving. A little help is always welcome.

Like I said, I got few doubts that keep me in line, to do it or wait a little more. But definitely this is something that I will keep an eye on, not to mention that I want it. I'm a gadget freak in special with technology. And this is one of those cool things that got my attention.

Jo P White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to take the ride, but I still have a lot of questions regarding it's maintenance. For example, were to buy replacement vials with the plunger, syringes, dosing pump, and few other that it might came along the road.

It could be awesome if in some way it could be linked to the apex log for at least upload the testing results, and don't have to enter them manually. And from there adjust the dosing as needed. Maybe if they came with a dosing pump in a future that's a plus.

I think that it could help me a lot with those testing task, in special when my PTSD get over me and I don't have the motivation to do anything. I do enjoy doing the test by myself, is part of the fun of reefkeeping, it's give you the feeling of been a Mad Scientist... buajajajaja!!! But sometimes I don't feel doing it. And having living animals relying on me for their well being and thriving. A little help is always welcome.

Like I said, I got few doubts that keep me in line, to do it or wait a little more. But definitely this is something that I will keep an eye on, not to mention that I want it. I'm a gadget freak in special with technology. And this is one of those cool things that got my attention.

I saw unit at rap earlier this month and there is a dosing unit in the works. They had a display and it’s supposed to be out at the end of the year, I think that’s what the reps said. It definitely doesn’t seem like it will be compatible with the apex unit. There way be a work around in the programming options to get the dosers on the apex, but given it’s a competitive unit to the elusive trident I don’t see it being a friendly adaptation.

I’ve been talking myself out of the reefbot purchase due to the cost and recent release. Seems like a lot of money on a just released unit that will likely still need tweaking. I purchased the klir filter right when it came out, but I’ve been regretting that $300 investment since. Too many issues on the first release. I was also a bit worried with the amount of vials required to do certain tests, it limits you to 3 maybe 4 tests possible with the reefbot unit. You’d have to change out the vials and reassign the labeling within the program to test other things that just don’t fit in the machine. It should have more slots given it’s size and test vial requirements.

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw unit at rap earlier this month and there is a dosing unit in the works. They had a display and it’s supposed to be out at the end of the year, I think that’s what the reps said. It definitely doesn’t seem like it will be compatible with the apex unit. There way be a work around in the programming options to get the dosers on the apex, but given it’s a competitive unit to the elusive trident I don’t see it being a friendly adaptation.

I’ve been talking myself out of the reefbot purchase due to the cost and recent release. Seems like a lot of money on a just released unit that will likely still need tweaking. I purchased the klir filter right when it came out, but I’ve been regretting that $300 investment since. Too many issues on the first release. I was also a bit worried with the amount of vials required to do certain tests, it limits you to 3 maybe 4 tests possible with the reefbot unit. You’d have to change out the vials and reassign the labeling within the program to test other things that just don’t fit in the machine. It should have more slots given it’s size and test vial requirements.

Its not a small machine. I cant imagine it being much longer to allow additional vials. Swapping in/out reags isnt very difficult. For instance if I want to test for mag, I swap out nitrate vials and assign those slots for red sea mag a-b-c

Jo P White

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not a small machine. I cant imagine it being much longer to allow additional vials. Swapping in/out reags isnt very difficult. For instance if I want to test for mag, I swap out nitrate vials and assign those slots for red sea mag a-b-c

Definitely not a small machine. With the kits I was looking at running I could only get away with 3 and I was hoping for more. I wonder if a later version may add a second row of vials within the unit to accommodate more test options. I’d be nice to not have the need to swap out vials. I like going away for vacation and it’d be nice to test more than 3 (maybe 4) things remotely to monitor the tank.

OP
OP
stacksoner

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190429_012228.jpg IMG_20190429_012245.jpg IMG_20190429_012303.jpg

Here are the dimensions.

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have success with Red Sea Calcium Test. They say the reagents only have a week shelf life. I cant seem to get my hands on the API calcium test kit.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the Reefbot just a few days ago and it arrived in NYC today, shipped from Lebanon, which exceeded my expectations. I'm unboxing it now and hoping to set it up tonight. All parts arrived undamaged and everything was secured and packed with care and intelligence. I was able to dl the mobile app and configure my tank profile.

I'll post updates here as I imagine many folks are curious about how this badboy gets down in real life. Stay tuned for updates to come...

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190405232346030.jpg
IMG_20190406_003624.jpg

IMG_20190406_001613.jpg

MVIMG_20190405_232312.jpg
Thanks for sharing, comrade. I gotta get one

OP
OP
stacksoner

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have success with Red Sea Calcium Test. They say the reagents only have a week shelf life. I cant seem to get my hands on the API calcium test kit.

The Calcium test with Red Sea hasn't been great bc of this exact issue.

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Calcium test with Red Sea hasn't been great bc of this exact issue.
My Red Sea calcium only worked for few hours. I DID as they said EXACTLY as in their instructions... I tried swapping out for new vials, placed in new slots etc. Unless I have faulty Red Sea reagents I dont know how to trouble shoot this. I have API Calcium Kits and Giesemann Magnesium (my Red Sea Mg values are all over the place) on order. Will also try the Salifert KH kit as I got a crazy KH number today.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 44.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 33.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back