My Reefbot Arrived!

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most accurate and consistent Alk test yet...and I've tried them all.

Really? My RedSea and Salifert are consistent and "accurate" (when compared to manual Hanna). Their resolution is 0.1 dkh. I would not want a 0.5 dkh resolution for alk.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all sounds great but... to have to refill after only 11 tests sounds counter productive. At only one test a day that will not last two weeks. Am I misunderstanding?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all sounds great but... to have to refill after only 11 tests sounds counter productive. At only one test a day that will not last two weeks. Am I misunderstanding?
you can fill more than 1 vial of titrants and just swipe it from the app.
Also we are working on different vial sizes.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Independence Day from the Reef Kinetics team
4thjuly-01.jpg

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of a Reefbot to only test Nitrate and Phosphate levels... What are the best test kits to use? Are the larger vial sizes out yet so I can go longer between refills? If only testing these 2 things how long could I go between filling everything up again? How many tests?

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of a Reefbot to only test Nitrate and Phosphate levels... What are the best test kits to use? Are the larger vial sizes out yet so I can go longer between refills? If only testing these 2 things how long could I go between filling everything up again? How many tests?

Hello,

The best test kits for Nitrate are Fauna Marin or Tropic Marin Pro (make sure to buy the refills only). For phosphate best is the RedSea Phosphate Pro (refill as well). Larger vials are still under R&D.
RedSea phosphate pro - 1 refill will last 37 tests. Tropic Marin Pro/ Fauna Marin Nitrate- 1 refill will last 11 tests.

Let us know if you need anything else.

We have a 100USD off promotion for Christmas that will start in 2 days. You can use code HOHO100

Happy Reefing!

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I was thinking, considering one myself, maybe even run 2 kinds of each test? If there are enough vials in the machine I suppose...

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have 8 vial slots to fill. It depends on which brand and parameter you choose
OK, then I guess with 3 for Nitrate and 2 for Phos, that leaves 3 for another. Also, I didn't realize that the machine uses 2x - 3x more regent per test (than stated the refill box), so that would make the refils go much faster...

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, then I guess with 3 for Nitrate and 2 for Phos, that leaves 3 for another. Also, I didn't realize that the machine uses 2x - 3x more regent per test (than stated the refill box), so that would make the refils go much faster...
The ReefBot use the same amount of reagents as the manual test. It doesn’t use more reagents. We ask users to buy the refills as it’s cheaper than the complete test kit

OP
OP
stacksoner

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with 8 vial slots it only takes 1 via per type of test? Or how many Nitrate/Phosphate tests could I fit in there if that's all I used it for?

One slot for each bottle of reagent needed by the test. For example: API Nitrate comes with two bottles (A and B). So this uses 2 slots. You dump A in one slot and B in another. Then you tell Reefbot which slots contain which test reagents

Marc K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone please advise or show some photos of actual installations. My concern is the position of the inputs on the side of the unit for RO/DI and tank water. I am concerned that I need to place these high enough that there is no risk of a back siphon from the RO/DI reservoir or the tank (sump in my case). Can the unit be installed just above the water levels for the sump and RO/DI reservoir (say 20-25cm). I assume the dosing pumps can lift that height. The drawings on the web site don’t give any details such as heights in cm’s.

OP
OP
stacksoner

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could someone please advise or show some photos of actual installations. My concern is the position of the inputs on the side of the unit for RO/DI and tank water. I am concerned that I need to place these high enough that there is no risk of a back siphon from the RO/DI reservoir or the tank (sump in my case). Can the unit be installed just above the water levels for the sump and RO/DI reservoir (say 20-25cm). I assume the dosing pumps can lift that height. The drawings on the web site don’t give any details such as heights in cm’s.

They use peristaltic pumps from Kamoer (the same as the X1). You can probably spec out the lift by looking up the unit. They don't siphon bc the rollers control all flow.

Re siphon from above, I use plastic hose clamps on the RB's hose connectors to eliminate risk of accidents. I gave them all serious yank tests and couldn't get the hose to separate from the nipple thing once the clamp was on.

41Yl1Ipw10L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Marc K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They use peristaltic pumps from Kamoer (the same as the X1). You can probably spec out the lift by looking up the unit. They don't siphon bc the rollers control all flow.

Re siphon from above, I use plastic hose clamps on the RB's hose connectors to eliminate risk of accidents. I gave them all serious yank tests and couldn't get the hose to separate from the nipple thing once the clamp was on.

Thanks for the quick reply. I could also install as follows

B1E3090E-581A-4DDF-8EA5-EA466931833B.jpeg

Also how much RO/DI does the unit use. I can connect it to a 5L (1.5 Gallon) container. I hope this will cover off on at least a few weeks.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back