My Reefer 170 Build thread

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fell so far behind on my updates I have added so much more to this tank I will be adding some pictures and maybe a video as well. It has came a long way. I am just having issues with hair algae right now. I have added SO many snails but the dang things are not doing anything. they keep turning over on their backs and can not turn back over. Not sure what I can do with the junk. More to come.

Awesome I can't wait to see it! A few tips for the hair algae:

numero uno - add a tang. Bristletooth or yellow or scopas or sailfin. They'll love it

Emerald Crabs are hair algae eating baes. They're amazing

If you have a good CUC, try boiling RO water, and then quickly using a syringe to squirt the boiling water onto the algae. It'll basically blanch it, making it easier and more appetizing for your CUC to eat it and clean it up.

Add a sea hare, it'll quickly clean everything up but you'll have to return it before its all gone or it'll die. ALso you have to stay on top of water changes as it will cause nutrients to sky rocket.

Last resort try Flucanazole. It apparently works wonders. Again, keep up on water changes.

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I can't wait to see it! A few tips for the hair algae:

numero uno - add a tang. Bristletooth or yellow or scopas or sailfin. They'll love it

Emerald Crabs are hair algae eating baes. They're amazing

If you have a good CUC, try boiling RO water, and then quickly using a syringe to squirt the boiling water onto the algae. It'll basically blanch it, making it easier and more appetizing for your CUC to eat it and clean it up.

Add a sea hare, it'll quickly clean everything up but you'll have to return it before its all gone or it'll die. ALso you have to stay on top of water changes as it will cause nutrients to sky rocket.

Last resort try Flucanazole. It apparently works wonders. Again, keep up on water changes.

Lot of info thank you very much. I for got about the crabs. I have some in my Biocube and didnt think about them. I think I will get some of them.

I have my Apex DOS set up for a water change all the time. Changing out 5 gal of water a week. The water shouldnt be a issue on that end. I have started using Vibrant in all of my tanks. I love that stuff If you stay on top of the dosing of it that stuff really works. I started using it in my BioCube to see how it does and It worked great in it so I just started using it in red sea this week so it should help also.

Thanks again.

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot of info thank you very much. I for got about the crabs. I have some in my Biocube and didnt think about them. I think I will get some of them.

I have my Apex DOS set up for a water change all the time. Changing out 5 gal of water a week. The water shouldnt be a issue on that end. I have started using Vibrant in all of my tanks. I love that stuff If you stay on top of the dosing of it that stuff really works. I started using it in my BioCube to see how it does and It worked great in it so I just started using it in red sea this week so it should help also.

Thanks again.

Anytime! We need to hook up sometime, swap some frags. Here, I'll shoot you a PM with my number

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have done some adding and organizing. Tell me what ya think?
20190324_191039.jpg
IMG_20190324_191851_01.jpg
IMG_20190324_191813_01.jpg
20190331_225537.jpg

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THere are a couple local Frags and some WWC frags as well and of courses the beautiful #r2r Frag tray I got last year. #r2rsuppoter #r2rpartnermember @revhtree I know its unpside down but still pretty rev!!!!!
20190518_203257.jpg
20190518_111144.jpg

And my new Hydra 26. I love this thing and the wireless connect to apex
20190428_151736.jpg

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank going? I just upgraded to a 75!
It is going pretty well. I have just started adding some frags I have been waiting on the rocks to get good enough to support the corals. I dont believe I will ever use dry live rock again. Dont like having to wait so long to add frags. I have added a lot with a APEX. Pictures to come.

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have added a few things to my little guy. Here's a updated pic of sump.
1218192147_HDR.jpg

I have moved the algae scrubber to the left side to give some room back.

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have added a few things to my little guy. Here's a updated pic of sump.
1218192147_HDR.jpg

I have moved the algae scrubber to the left side to give some room back.
How are you liking the scrubber? I am debating on going that route since, I am tired of trying to keep my cheato alive. Im guessing it fits on the little lips where the ato would go

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back