My Reefer 170 Build thread

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up my new reefer 170 this weekend and I can not make my mind up on what rock to use. I would like to get come opinions about the rock to use and why. I have one that I am pretty much think I will go with but I am not 100% about it. I'm hoping I will get a lot of people that think it is the best and it will confirm my thoughts.

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been on my mind more then anything.

upload_2018-8-16_14-45-32.png

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know reefers who have used that, its good rock. The scape is looking good! I think the purple rock will really pop against the black sand, it'll look good I think. Gorgeous tank!

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know reefers who have used that, its good rock. The scape is looking good! I think the purple rock will really pop against the black sand, it'll look good I think. Gorgeous tank!
Thanks, I hope to get it going soon. I have 2 other tanks to move to get setting where I want it to go that's why I don't have it going yet. Its a pain moving set up tanks and the bad thing is I don't have that far to move them so that makes it suck more knowing they only have about 10ft to move and its a big thing to get everything ready to move it that far. I will post more pictures as I get everything together.

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only issue is I can not get my flow pump to hook to my Loop system. Not sure whats going on and if I am doing something wrong. If anyone know about the Loop system please let me know and help me out if you can. Hope yall enjoy my newest tanks

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got my K2-50 Ice Cap skimmer in. I will be updating some picture with it when I get home. looks like a good little skimmer.

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice looking tank - good luck with it , by loop did u mean some feature wrt the 2 circulation pumps ?
It is the Current system name they have for the light, power heads, and flow pump that you can hook them all together and control them with your phone or controller. They sent me a new module for my flow pump and it fixed the issue and now everything is hooked together now and working great. I love the Current USA Loop system.

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I added some snails this passed weekend to start the cleaning. There is plenty of brown algae on the rock for them to eat that is for sure. I ordered a net Red Sea top for it and it came in the other day also. I have to get it built and on the tank so the snails don't get out. I have been trying to keep the glass clean so they will stay off and not go over the top. I believe I will add me one fish into today if I can get by the LFS before they close today. Its keeping the nitrites down and the ammonia stay at or below .25 so I am thinking it will be OK. I have been using the Red Sea Mature tank kit. let me tell ya if you have never use one of those kits you should think about it on the next tank you set it. Love that stuff and how good it works. I will keep you up dated and get you some pictures when I get the top put on it and I am hoping it will be this evening.

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is always hard for me, Planning ahead on what fish I am going to get or even corals. I can tell you that I am going to have LPS and softies but as of the kind of them I never know. The fish is the same way I think of something and list it and them I go to the LFS and see something I never thought about or something new all together and it catches my eye and I have to buy it. I just have to go with the follow when it comes to them. I am planning on a pair of clowns most likely. I went to the LFS today and seen a small mamy NASO tang and got it. I am going to keep it in my BioCube 32 till the Red Sea finishes the cycle then I believe I will put it into the it. I know that the tank is to small for the tang when it gets bigger but I figured I would keep it as long as I could till it gets to big for the tank then I will either sell him or take it and trade it in at the LFS. Ive always wanted one so Ill keep him as long as I can I figured I should be able to keep him a couple of years maybe. You never know by then I might get rid of my BioCube and upgrade to something large enough to put him into. Got any ideas im always up for them.

OP
OP
BedrockIOMC

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fell so far behind on my updates I have added so much more to this tank I will be adding some pictures and maybe a video as well. It has came a long way. I am just having issues with hair algae right now. I have added SO many snails but the dang things are not doing anything. they keep turning over on their backs and can not turn back over. Not sure what I can do with the junk. More to come.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back