My rock flower anemone dissappeared

sawdavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, A recent rock flower anemone I purchased about two weeks ago has disappeared from where I put it and I can't find it anywhere!! I have four other rock flower anemones that never moved from their initial placements so this is pretty unusual for me. Any ideas of where it could be hiding and what I should do. Should I just hope I see it eventually. I'm worried that it will die and then fowl the tank. Should I completely take tank apart?

NHgoalstop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, A recent rock flower anemone I purchased about two weeks ago has disappeared from where I put it and I can't find it anywhere!! I have four other rock flower anemones that never moved from their initial placements so this is pretty unusual for me. Any ideas of where it could be hiding and what I should do. Should I just hope I see it eventually. I'm worried that it will die and then fowl the tank. Should I completely take tank apart?
It might be hiding in a hole in a rock, power head didnt chew it up? I had a shroom I put in my tank and after an hour it crawled away never to be seen from again.

OP
OP
sawdavis

sawdavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wondered about how things get into power heads since they are pushing water out, not sucking it in. I did look at my powerheads and saw nothing in them. So anyone have experience with disappearing RFA? Do they get into powerheads often?

NHgoalstop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wondered about how things get into power heads since they are pushing water out, not sucking it in. I did look at my powerheads and saw nothing in them. So anyone have experience with disappearing RFA? Do they get into powerheads often?
But they do suck in. Those side slots suck water in to be pushed out the front. But I dont even thing they're being sucked in but just blindly crawling in.

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several and 2 of them periodically disappear for a few days then seem to magically reappear. Have never had them come close to a powerhead. One was missing over 2 weeks then reappeared looking totally normal.

OP
OP
sawdavis

sawdavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's good to hear. Hopefully mine will reappear. I guess I have been lucky with my other four. Never moved.

Gw2kpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that's good to hear. Hopefully mine will reappear. I guess I have been lucky with my other four. Never moved.
I bought an 8 pack several months ago. 5 of them never moved. Two of them moved a fair amount initially then stayed put. One of them moves a lot about once every week or so, then stays put for a week or two, then moves again.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back