Rock flower anemone

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

What are some fish I should stay away from when having a rock flower anemone?
You will be fine with any fish, the only time you need to worry with a rock or bubble tip is really only ill fish…there are nems such as carpet nems that slow swimming fish would be a risk but a rock nem you would be fine.

OP
OP
R

raking33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will be fine with any fish, the only time you need to worry with a rock or bubble tip is really only ill fish…there are nems such as carpet nems that slow swimming fish would be a risk but a rock nem you would be fine.

Do you think that sand sifting inverts will be fine, and or tuxedo urchins will be fine?

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we tLki g something eating the anenome or anenome eating a something? Butterflies might pick at rock flowers and agreesive fish like triggers and wrasses might rip them apart when your trying to feed them. Peppermint shrimp might take a liking to them as well.

If your talking the anenome eating a fish then thats not something i would worry about.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think that sand sifting inverts will be fine, and or tuxedo urchins will be fine?
Depending what sand inverts, if your sand is deep enough, I have nassarius snails which are excellent and I think have bred…as for the tuxedo urchin I have one and he literally is an algae eating machine, never stands still I absolutely love my urchin, even if he is presently riding around the tank with a couple of my zoas on his back (my fault I dint glue some down) he even comes to the top of the tank where I sometimes leave a piece of nori for him…both should be perfectly fine with a rock nem.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would have to be a really tiny fish or a really big rfa to have any issues, even then i doubt it. Ive tried cutting up silversides and feeding them to my rfas if my angler doest want to eat and they grab it but wont eat them, they just let it go after a while. But if you some how got a fish the size of mysis look out its a goner!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back