My royal gramma died what killed it?

Sarah1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I posted yesterday and was advised my fish have velvet, I have looked into setting up a QT to treat with copper but have been unable to get it set up yet so I started using polyp lab medic which my LFS advised in the mean time (although they are trying to say it will work alone).
My royal gramma has unfortunately died today but doesn't look like the clown does, I think they have started eating him too, unless that was the pistol shrimp? I feed them twice daily a mix of pellet and frozen brine so shouldn't be under fed.
Does this look he had velvet or something else please? Need to make sure I set up and dose the correct thing
20200327_172254.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss. Fish decompose so quickly, its usually very difficult to "see" signs of parasites.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry , poor lil guy , Basslets can be touchy , also thats a young fish we dont know the origins of , he could just have been stressed out, its not always parasites. noting the fin bite they may have been sqaubaling, basslets do that, they are grumpy ol men typically.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back