My Saltwater Aquarium!

TheFishTickler

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting this to share my aquarium experience. Feel free to share tips and tricks!

Right now I have an unhappy anenome. We have found it very enjoyable to get injured/sick animals and critters and nurse them back to health. Right now it is this anenome with an unhappy foot.

We did have some horrid snails recently and had to get rid of some rock. So far we haven't seen any! Fingers crossed.

We have a nuvo fusion pro 20 gallon. Hydra 32hd light. Aquamai wavemaker. Magnetic coral shelf.
The current livestock list in our tank is as follows.
1. 2 Clown fish
2. Green rock anenome
3. Red bubble tip anenome
4. Cleaner shrimp
5. Emerald crab
6. Leather coral frag
7. Zoa
8. Starfish (sand sifter)
9. Some kind of white sponge
10. I have a copepod castle as well. Normally there's around 50 or so in there.

Plans.
So far I haven't ran a skimmer but since i want to move towards corals, I have one coming on Friday. I also thought I'd try a UV sterilizer. I've never had one so we'll give that a go.

20210503_100721.jpg
 
I've had these clownfish for a few years and the female is finally done with her gender transformation. They layed their first batch of eggs but they are on the sand. Is this normal? I've only ever seen pictures of them on hard surfaces. My discus took a few tries before they got it right! Haha My question here is should I take them out?
 

Attachments

  • 20210515_103731.jpg
    20210515_103731.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210515_103730.jpg
    20210515_103730.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210515_103753.jpg
    20210515_103753.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 77

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new