My Seahorse Sanctuary

Traxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice but dang I had to really look hard to see the horses on this phone. Good camo job guys!

Traxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I see that, man the horse subforum is dangerous for me...i finally got back down to one big tank and now I'm sitting here watching videos on horse keeping

Traxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I will probably not last another year without trying my hand at it. I like to gather TONS of info before getting into something new and this is new compared to a reef tank

OP
OP
K

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I will probably not last another year without trying my hand at it. I like to gather TONS of info before getting into something new and this is new compared to a reef tank
Very smart, because they do have special requirements. Best of luck!

If you have any questions ask away. I'll get better pics when the new-comers settle in.

OP
OP
K

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? How is everyone doing?

So the tank is a 30 gallon. But I don't have good news to report. Still stumped on what happened...?
When I brought in the two new ponies from a local reefer I didn't qt them. It all went down hill from there. Not blaming it on her ponies, just stating a correlation.

The two new ponies were hiding all the time, but I figured it was because of the new tank. Idk if they brought something in or they added so much bioload that I got an ammonia spike. The end result was I lost the two new ponies and my clowns :(!

I pulled them all out and put them in a qt with antibiotic and saved my pair of ponies. They are back in the tank with a new pair of baby clowns. All doing well for a month or two! I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! So sorry to hear that. Glad the first two made it at least. What antibiotic did you use? I briefly read somewhere on R2R that their is a method to help reverse ammonia poisonings. Wish I remember where.

OP
OP
K

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! So sorry to hear that. Glad the first two made it at least. What antibiotic did you use? I briefly read somewhere on R2R that their is a method to help reverse ammonia poisonings. Wish I remember where.
Yeah this was months ago. I tried everything but it just didn't work out. Idk if it was ammonia or not. But I think your talking about Methylene Blue and increase O2 in the tank. I moved past it though, I rebuilt the tank to spark my interest again after the devastation of losing my favorite clowns...

OP
OP
K

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@I'm a natural blue
This time?
IMG_5810.JPG
IMG_5809.JPG
IMG_5806.JPG

OP
OP
K

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awww! Yes. So cute. Love the new layout. Is it all artificial plants and rock? I'm thinking of incorporating artificial.
Everything is live except the green plant. I will leave that in there until I find more algae/plants to fill in the space and provide hitching spots. I will get less blurry full tank shots soon. Thanks

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 30 gallon is pretty small to keep 2 pairs of H erectus seahorses. That may be part of the issue with the spike

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back