My second build.

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who may have seen my first journal I noted that I had a 10g tank. I had given that tank to a friend who started her own FOWLR housing two clownfish. She hadn't planned on keeping any other fish besides those two so a 10g seemed appropriate for her. After a few weeks she decided that she wouldn't have the time nor the funds to keep the tank and I offered to house the two clowns in my 20g tank til she could take them back. After putting them in my spare 20g (which was really my second build that I was about to start this weekend anyway that cracked when I cleaned it... so I had to purchase a new tank...) she decided she wasnt going to get into the hobby after all.

So now I am stuck with two clownfish which has really put a crutch on my build.

So, taking the LR from the 10g that I gave her, water from my 29g and a new bag of black reef sand from a LFS. I started the 20g only to run into my second obstacle, I broke my circulation pump. Running two HOB filters for at least a bit of water movement and I'll have to purchase a new circulation pump on my next payday. :(...

The future of the tank:

What I wanted to do was two Greenbanded Gobies, one Royal Gramma Basslet and a Possum Wrasse, but because of the two clowns I guess I will leave it at two Greenbanded Gobies. I am still trying to figure out what I want to do about a CUC.

Also going to hit up local reefers that are selling LR.

Once I get my circulaiton Pump installed and some more LR I will start posting pictures. Till then stay tuned to:

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/nano-reefs/130321-my-saltwater-journal.html

Read about my current tank and how things are going there!

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KIMG0027.jpg

So this is the current tank. 20g not sure how much live rock. The rocks covered in purple coraline algae is my new rock from my LFS, the rest are all rock either from my 10g or taken from my 29g. The tank right now has a "rubble" look, which I absolutely adore.

I have to purchase a new bulb since this bulb is currently a stock bulb and I want that nice white/blue lighting my 29g has. The circulation pump is rated at about 500gph if I remember correctly.

I added 5 hermit crabs which makes my current CUC 6 hermit crabs! (my 10g only had two hermit crabs). My LFS ordered me a Possum Wrasse and are willing to take the two clownfish that I added over from the 10g.

For the rest of my CUC I want to do about 4 Peppermint Shrimp.

OP
OP
nawilson89

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the current pic of the tank. Added a few fish but I am still figuring out what to do with the clownfish.
uploadfromtaptalk1379094008128.jpg

The lerson I was holding on to them for freaked when I takked about getting rid of them, though she really doesn't seem to want them.

I added a chalk basslet and a yellow rose goby. Also my red headed goby from my 29g. I had initially put my harptail blenny in but neither the clowns ir chalk bass wanted him there.
Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk 2

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back