My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drain a bottle of ur favorite beverage while ur at it at least!

Done!

I didn't get too far with the plumbing once I realized I took the saw back out to the garage, I did however manage to get the Vectras calibrated and setup for Reefcrest mode and I'm getting pretty good flow patterns by the looks of it, even without the RFG's and locline setup. My one pump is much louder than the other one so not sure what's going on with that yet.

The first of a few rock orders will be made tomorrow so I can start scaping this tank FINALLY!!!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done!

I didn't get too far with the plumbing once I realized I took the saw back out to the garage, I did however manage to get the Vectras calibrated and setup for Reefcrest mode and I'm getting pretty good flow patterns by the looks of it, even without the RFG's and locline setup. My one pump is much louder than the other one so not sure what's going on with that yet.

The first of a few rock orders will be made tomorrow so I can start scaping this tank FINALLY!!!

Is it the pump itself making motor noises or vibration that seems to be the culprit? If u turn up the output does the sound change?

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the pump itself making motor noises or vibration that seems to be the culprit? If u turn up the output does the sound change?

Sound gets louder as it ramps up, I think it's the pump itself, the other one is dead silent even on full speed...

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One day I'll make one I promise, it is however not high up on the priority list right now :p @RichtheReefer21 should stop by and take a couple videos and some professional pics :)
Dont have a passport or I would, eh

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont have a passport or I would, eh

I'm certain we could smuggle you across the border. And if I'm being honest I don't even think you need one to get into Canada if you're driving, We aren't that picky with who we let in :p

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm certain we could smuggle you across the border. And if I'm being honest I don't even think you need one to get into Canada if you're driving, We aren't that picky with who we let in :p

There's hope for me!

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how long before this puppy is running salt and has fish in it?!

Probably still a little bit, While I've been widdleing things off the list bit by bit, it's a looooonnngggg list! However, hopefully it should be cycling within the month now it's all plumbed up. Just need to order the rock. I need to do a test order first (Happening tomorrow) to see what the rock I want looks like and how it will hopefully all come together first before ordering the rest

Last edited:

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock on.
is that pump isolated from vibration? Without the pictures or video Like @Katrina71 said;) it may be hard to say. What is different with placement or setup from the other? Maybe just the pump itself but I would test it off the loop and see if it makes the same noise.
Glad you’re making progress. We are all waiting for the big day. tap tap tap

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock on.
is that pump isolated from vibration? Without the pictures or video Like @Katrina71 said;) it may be hard to say. What is different with placement or setup from the other? Maybe just the pump itself but I would test it off the loop and see if it makes the same noise.
Glad you’re making progress. We are all waiting for the big day. tap tap tap

There are a couple pictures of the pumps installed a few pages ago but here they are again... the pump in question is the one on the right/Front. When I have some time I'll remove the pump and take it apart for a better look.
20200325_210220.jpg

@Katrina71 is wanting a video of the sump light show lol which she's gonna have to wait a bit for :p

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As close as they are together I don’t see anything that would be causing it for one and not the other. Could they be resonating on that block they are sitting on? I’m with you I would take the noisy one out and run the other or visa versa and see if it’s creating a resonance against/on something. Good luck we’ll be watching No pressure :oops:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back