My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one big decision I have yet to finalize and it will probably be once I receive my final quote from Miracles. I am torn between a rimless tank and a One Piece Euro braced tank. Something I've been debating for the past week now and I have to decide in the next few days;Nailbiting

I would be so paranoid with a 100 gallon tank I would probably go Euro braced. But do not go by my paranoia, LOL!

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not much of an update but we have changed things up a smidge and added 6 inches in width which puts this build over the 110 Gallon mark. Was hoping the additional width would squeak me into white cheek tang territory but a fellow trusted reefer here advised me otherwise. I'll have to settle for a yellow or purple instead :) this extra width does really let me stretch out on the scaping which is awesome!

If your feeling really crazy add a black tank or a gem. That will get people talking. But on a serious note you need to get this build going! Us shallow reef lovers need some encouragement! Btw what lights are you going to be going with. 16 inches deep gives you alot more options than the standard 2 ft deep

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I'm sure my other half would kill me if I did that ;Dead it's a long wait getting a custom tank built unfortunately, tanks not going to be here till the end of January now with my changes lol

TBH I can't see why shallow tanks aren't much more popular with them being so much easier to maintain. As for lighting, for now I'm sticking with an aquatic life 48" T5 Hybrid with Kessil A160s or 360s depending on a little more research. This might change down the road so we shall see:)

AHHH! January is in two months! I took apart and rebuilt my 10 gallon in An hour! Yeah shallows need more love, Easier to light, Easier to maintain, More swimming room for fish, And you can have Mangroves! if i had my mind set on kessils i would wait until the new ones came out tbh.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! I just stumbled on to this this evening. Like the dimensions. Almost wish I would have gone with a shallower tank, but when I ordered mine, there wasn't much buzz that I noticed about them. Definitely too late now for me. :) Looking forward to following along.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back