My start with a bigger tank

littleGermanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,
im new here and just wanted to show a bit of my tanks, actually im starting my new 135 gallon shallow reef.
I started march 2019 with my 21 gallon cube with the intention just to throw some soft corals in and enjoy it without any big effort.

Well that didn't work, beside a little colony of zoas, there wasnt ever a soft coral in that cube.
I started to collect some euphylias, duncans and plate corals - just a bit after it, i placed some montiporas and a few other easy sps as normal purple stylo's etz

Then i started reading & looking at some stuff in the internet and yes there beginns the addiction, i started to collect a lot of acropora's, of course some was dead after a few weeks.
I realized i had to stabilize my values and increse my lighting, i added a few 24 watts ATI T5 bulbs to my AI Prime and got some success.
The problem was i started with to much live rocks in that little cube, so i didn't have enough space. In the end, I had a lot of reef decks in my small tank, but at that time I was buying a small house and had to spend most of my time remodeling the house. Of course including my office in the basement that contained all of my aquariums.

So after a long summer with corona and building the house, its done and i can take my tank and set it up.
It is running now for like 3 or 4 weeks, the cycle seems to be almost done, at least as far as the bacteria are concerned, the ammonium is no longer detectable and nitrite is also at 0.25 so next week i will get a delivery with some nice easy sps. Like fiji stylo, birds nest, seriathopora and caliendrium bicolor.
To test the tank, i placed some of my duncan frags first, then some euphylia, ther're doing well so i added some fish 2 weeks ago, just a group of 5 chromis virdis, 1 pseudocheilinus evanidus and a ctenochaetus tominiensis.
Now i will add about 30 turbo snails, to get rid of the upcoming algae because i will start to take the lightning on today.

So please keep your fingers cross it will start well.
Just a few words to my hardware, which i purchased used, except the tank and the cabinet.

- 47,2 x 39,3 with 17,7 height
- deltec 1455 skimmer
- aqua medic x.2 return pump
- blue marine 120 mini reactor
- gyre xf 150
- 2x TMC 8000s
- tunze osmolator
- Lightning will be a diy lamp holder which will hold 4x Ecotech Radion G4 pro's and 6x 39 watts ATI T5 bulb's, (coral plus & blue plus)
- for the hardscape, i used carib sea shelf rock, marco rocks,real reef rock and some fresh live rock for some good bacteria intake
- aswell i pimped my rodi system with a pressure pump, and 3 10" MB40 resin
- Fauna Marin Salt

I add some photos of my cube and the new tank
cheers, Sven

PS: Sorry for some fails in the grammer or something like that, i'm still try to get better at my english. <3

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg

OP
OP
littleGermanReef

littleGermanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@lapin: thanks buddy! i really looking forward to it, cant wait i reach the time when i can transver my acros into that tank and have more space for more nice frags :D

But actually i cool myself down, i want to go the save way and want to establish a stable system, so i ordered some nice frags from corals i dont have but which is not that sensitive.

-Monti digitata purple
-Stylophora green
-Stylophora Fiji Pink
-Seriatophora neon green
-Seriatophora Caliendrium silver
-Montipora Star Wars, which should ne a hispita

And for my actually Acro quaratine/holding tank until they can swap over into the big tank:

- Acropora secale (purple ish with white skin)
- Acropora loisetteae (rose tips with white skin)

When i have some time tomorrow i will throw in some pics.
So happy reefing and nice growth,
Sven

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back