OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back from my trip! Tank is looking awesome and levels are perfect. My macro growth even took off!!! No sign of my molted emerald crab. I’m assuming he is buried for now.

9DFBE56D-1A51-434C-AF96-F1CFE116CB5F.jpeg 00E4DDD2-AD28-43B3-8074-E562EFB0FBF8.jpeg BD549D79-24BD-45D2-9EFC-22D4B6315784.jpeg

OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my ro/di system hooked up and refilled my ATO res. Took about 10 minutes to get 1/2 gal of 0 TDS water. But I’m ready to rock n roll now! Hanna checkers also came in (alk,cal,phosphateULR)

anemone on the purchase list!

OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so got around to using the checkers tonight. Made some mistakes but here are my results.

Calcium 503 ( I had just added purple up 20 mins prior and forgot about it so I’m assuming this test is void)

Alkalinity 155 or 8.6dkh

phosphates ULR .53 (this is bad for reef tanks I think. I removed some of the chaeto that had been exploding in my refugium) I will test again before my next waterchange on the 25th. If I need to get some phos guard to lower phosphates I will. I had just fed the tank as well so not sure if this will make the testing weird. Some food was in the sample lol.
Anyways glad to see my alk is good at least and calcium up in good range.
More to come!

OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also my lighting schedule is 10 hours on for the display tank (no warm up or cool down yet due to crummy light) and 14 hours on for the sump!

OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did another water change today. Took out 1 redundant heater and replaced it with a colbalt. Changed temp to 80 degrees and off to the store to get some bumblebee snails and a shrimp!

OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meet Rocko the cleaner shrimp. Added a few bumblebee snails to deal with my verm. snail population (Hopefully) Also added some new sand to the DT and the refugium. Restocked my pods and cleaned(rinsed) my first sponge filter (with old tank water from water change last night). Picture of refugium is after I removed about 40% of the cheato. Stuff is doing great! Lots of new shrimps in the fuge.
Cheers.
Side note* I used a long piece of pvc pipe to placed the sand where I wanted it without causing a sand storm. Worked like a charm!

5D24041F-995E-4DBD-A45A-FE5906885415.jpeg 50A2A826-EC14-4670-A355-F28329C8D06E.jpeg FC339927-C8CE-4876-991C-EE2D725BE2E9.jpeg

OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also added a phosphate down bag into my overflow box. Emerald crab is presumed dead and eaten. Not sure I will replace him. Saw some aggression (a lot of twitching and some chasing, a few nips) between my clownfish after Roko was added. Hopefully they sleep it off tonight. The larger one is the aggressor.

OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did another set of tests today.
Cal 470
Alk 7.7dkh
Phos .29

glad to see my phos coming down. Less aggression in the tank today so glad to see that. Clowns are letting cleaner shrimp rub whiskers on them which is a good sign.
Ph was actually 8.2 so not worried about that. Would like to see my alk come up and phos get bellow .15 before I add some lps

Last edited:
OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad news this morning. Woke up to viper having some bites taken out of his dorsal fin. I banished Snow White to the refugium for the day (maybe longer) he is back to swimming the full span of the tank and looks less stressed. Hopefully once I reintroduce Snow White they will get along. Otherwise I’ll have to surrender one of them to the lfs. I am inclined to keep viper over the aggressor Snow White.
I’ll keep this updated.

A3513E6C-622E-4FF6-BCEE-EF4171B6BCF0.jpeg

OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update here.

Tank has been running smoothly aside from surrendering our frostbite clown to lfs. We got a replacement which is going well. Some aggression now from our older clown though. Nothing major like I was seeing with the first pair. Water changes getting easier now. Some detritus showed up after I added new sand which I was expecting. Seems to be slowing recently. Shrimp molted successfully and my verm snail issue is non existent now. May upgrade the light soon.

Cheers.

OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So crazy to see one of these sumped, very cool! @supernanoguy do you have any updates.

Hey nice thread you got going! Looks awesome on your counter top. Things are good over here. My chaeto exploded and I had to cut it back pretty far so things got a little weird for a few days there with nutrient levels. My cleaner shrimp is a beast. Molted twice already and is just a great tank mate to the clowns. The new replacement clown is still submissive but no damage from our older clown (though she/he shows who’s boss). Got a hermit to transfer into a new bad butt shell haha. 100s of shrimps In the refugium!! I love watching the sump/refugium when it’s lights off in the DT. Been a great first tank to say the least.

Cheers.

OP
OP
supernanoguy

supernanoguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a torch coral to my tank today. Opened right up a few minutes after I glued him in. Phosphates at .09 cal at 475 and alk at 8.5.
Cash the torch coral.
0082E00A-992B-4FEE-A9A7-763A50C17AFB.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back