My T. Max Ultra Blue Clam

FLSharkvictim

PADI Divemaster / Shark Advocate
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2016
Messages
1,444
Reaction score
1,309
Location
TAMPA , FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up a few years ago @ RAP in Orlando from Aquarium Specialities.. There were only 11 specimens and I was lucky enough to get one.. They were imported in from Tahiti a few weeks before the show... It's turned out to be my favorite pcs in my display!

DSC01047.JPG


DSC01048.JPG


DSC01072.JPG
 
I think it looks sick.
I think it needs to be in my hospital tank, lol.
I’ve been on the hunt for a specimen like yours, thanks for posting!
 
I think it looks sick.
I think it needs to be in my hospital tank, lol.
I’ve been on the hunt for a specimen like yours, thanks for posting!

@KrisReef - have you tired #UniqueCorals who's is one my favorite online coral suppliers? They have stock on some Jumbo Ultra Blue Maxima Clam's that are - 4.5"-6" in size Stock Specimens.


tridacna-maxima-ultra-blue-maxima-clam-4-5-stock-specimen


Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 9.27.26 AM.png
 
@KrisReef - have you tired #UniqueCorals who's is one my favorite online coral suppliers? They have stock on some Jumbo Ultra Blue Maxima Clam's that are - 4.5"-6" in size Stock Specimens.


tridacna-maxima-ultra-blue-maxima-clam-4-5-stock-specimen


Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 9.27.26 AM.png
No I had not, thank you .
The other problem I have is that I saw an emerald green(looking from the top) clam on a reef in the Pacific that I could not collect without dynamiting the reef. (No it’s not legal or advisable, but if you had seen this glowing clam, trust me you would have given me the dynamite to collect that specimen.)

So, I only have limited space and I am reserving it for a similar specimen. The clams in the picture may be exactly what I am looking for, but I can’t be certain from a photograph that they are. They are clearly beautiful, but I have decided that my clam has to be selected in person.
I live in SoCal and I routinely haunt the lfs’ here. I may never find what I’m looking for, but thanks again. I do like looking at the pictures!!!
 
No I had not, thank you .
The other problem I have is that I saw an emerald green(looking from the top) clam on a reef in the Pacific that I could not collect without dynamiting the reef. (No it’s not legal or advisable, but if you had seen this glowing clam, trust me you would have given me the dynamite to collect that specimen.)

So, I only have limited space and I am reserving it for a similar specimen. The clams in the picture may be exactly what I am looking for, but I can’t be certain from a photograph that they are. They are clearly beautiful, but I have decided that my clam has to be selected in person.
I live in SoCal and I routinely haunt the lfs’ here. I may never find what I’m looking for, but thanks again. I do like looking at the pictures!!!


Not to mentioned they are only $149.00
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new