OP
OP
A

Ara29998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GE 2 has mold inhibitors after a quick look. I'm going to guess that was the culprit here.
I'm thinking the toxic should be gone by now as there are many debate on GE2 so I will keep it for now and see how it goes. I still have 2 shrimps after 1 week of crash.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it guarantees no mold for 7 yrs or whatever, then the "toxic" isnt going away anytime soon.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can not use mold inhibitor one if that’s what is in it. I would also never trust only a 24 hour cure. I wait a few days to a week when I make a new sump even with the proper silicone.

I would not use aoverflow box that needs silicone on an already running tank. If you installed your bulkheads correctly then there should not be any leaks.

It is foolish not to tear the tank down and restart over. We don’t put 100 and 1000s of dollars of livestock in an aquarium only to skimp out on something as cheap as silicone.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GE silicone 2 has mold inhibitors guaranteed for at least 10yrs. That would be your culprit. I have used GE I and still I cured it for a week to air out the smell.

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop. Tear it down. Start over. Reefing is hard enough and you will be battling this as well for 7-10 years. You came here for help and you were given an answer and a solution. Your choice not to follow that is your prerogative but I’m not sure what you expect to happen leaving the silicon in the system

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop. Tear it down. Start over. Reefing is hard enough and you will be battling this as well for 7-10 years. You came here for help and you were given an answer and a solution. Your choice not to follow that is your prerogative but I’m not sure what you expect to happen leaving the silicon in the system
I agree 100%!

Back