- Oct 5, 2019
- Reaction score
You mentioned the red bubbling algae/cyano. I actually went through something very similar after an LTA died. As the red gets under your sand you will see it turn black. Very toxic. Which you might not notice if your sand itself is black. Everytime you stir the sand you are releasing this back into your system and its overloading the good bacteria. What worked for me: removed and replaced all sand. Scrubbed, h202'd and /or vinegared the tank and all equipment and dipped & h202'd all live rock & coral. Full water change. Started re-cycling with the existing rock plus new live sand, along with dosing microbacter 7 and vibrant. Hair algae has gradually died off along with the red cyano. Corals are thriving. Fish are thriving. Snails are fat as golf balls.