My teacher octopus

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jilly92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Has anyone watched this on netflix?? I meant my octopus teacher lol
Straight up one of the most amazing documentaries I have seen in a LONG time!

Reaching Out Baby Octopus GIF
 
Does anyone have an octopus?
 
When I was watching this movie (also thought very good) I was thinking, “this guy needs a fish tank bad”
 
I had a somewhat similar experience.

I fell in love with shelldwellers from Lake Tanganyika and I decided I wanted to go there, find a fish, film him 7 hours per day for a couple of months and let him tell his story. I ended up being part of his story too.

 
When I was watching this movie (also thought very good) I was thinking, “this guy needs a fish tank bad”
I was wondering if he maybe had a pet octopus after that lol
 
I had a somewhat similar experience.

I fell in love with shelldwellers from Lake Tanganyika and I decided I wanted to go there, find a fish, film him 7 hours per day for a couple of months and let him tell his story. I ended up being part of his story too.


Wow! I will have to watch this!
 
my 5 year old son and myself enjoyed watching it.
 
I had a somewhat similar experience.

I fell in love with shelldwellers from Lake Tanganyika and I decided I wanted to go there, find a fish, film him 7 hours per day for a couple of months and let him tell his story. I ended up being part of his story too.



I'll put this on the list to watch!

It reminded me of a time when I was drawn to the rift lake fishes when I was in college in the late 1980's. I was tasked with many research papers, some of my professors had studied coral reef ecology, some were working with fish diseases. I had to do a 10 page research paper my senior year. I searched for several weeks in our library for any fisheries articles about African Cichlids in the wild....I couldn't find a single article in the vast fisheries archives at my university, maybe a few about invasive Nile perch. I wound up doing a paper about freshwater stream ecosystems since there were volumes of articles and research.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new