My tiger conch is mowing the lawn...

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I go to feed my fish this morning and the first thing I see is two rows of cleaned sand around the perimeter of my 48"x24"x18" tank.

Looks like my tiger conch thinks he's mowing the lawn. It's making nice neat rows as it continues to eat its way around my tank.

Two rows around the tank done so far and still working its way around the 'yard'.

I found it quite amusing.

And now I'm also curious: is this typical behavior for tiger conchs?

I keep a cucumber in my other tank for sand maintance. So this is my first tiger conch and I have no idea if this is typical, or if mine just a little OCD in its need for symmetry...

conch 1.JPG conch 2.JPG

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on tiger conches but I’ve got two stromb snails and they seem to move in straight lines but not that uniform haha. Seems pretty adorable to me

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just go wherever they air aimed at the time. One of them has it a little rough as he's got a maze of LPS on the sand bed that he needs to navigate through, my other two have all the sand open and they just scoot around and nibble on their way.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back