My toadstool coral is closing

FlipFlakes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
28
Location
Portugal
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a toadstool coral and it always opens and extends when the light goes on, but then it closes in the middle of the day, only opening again the next day. Why is that? thnx.
 
Perhaps it is getting too much light and is closing so it wont get burned
 
Does it do it all of the time or did it just start doing that? Also, how long have your had it in your tank?

Mine does this periodically usually just before it is about to shed or adjust its orientation.
 
Perhaps it is getting too much light and is closing so it wont get burned
Thanks, I was thinking that maybe it was that, I’ll get the lights more dimmed maybe, or move it.
 
Does it do it all of the time or did it just start doing that? Also, how long have your had it in your tank?

Mine does this periodically usually just before it is about to shed or adjust its orientation.
It begun doing this after a few days when I got it, but I only have it for about 2 weeks. All the other corals are great though. May be the light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new