IMG_0748 4.JPG

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP
No flesh on the skeleton that I can see.
What are you using for lights and flow?

OP
OP
Alexvalencia11

Alexvalencia11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RIP
What are you using for lights and flip
RIP
What are you using for lights and flow?
I have fluvol evo 13.5 my stock light just went out 2 weeks ago so I went an bought a fluval aquasky

Attachments

• IMG_0767.PNG
    IMG_0767.PNG
    672.3 KB · Views: 39

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my water parameters seem to be good everything else in the tank looks like they're doing ok
Good, isn't a parameter we can help with. These types of issues are often causes by water issues. If you could run all your parameter checks and report back the actual values, you would get better info.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
For starters, If you have leather corals, this may be part of the issue. Many leather coral species produce and release toxic chemicals, called terpenes, into the water to protect themselves and to stunt the growth of other species. One of the biggest problems I have seen beginner hobbyists have is failing to account for the calcium demand for these corals. If there is insufficient calcium in your aquarium water, these corals will not be able to make their coral skeleton. You should also never lift a torch coral out of the water if you can avoid it. You could tear the polyps, and torn polyps are prone to infection followed by necrosis
Torch require typical parameters including a temperature around 78 degrees, a specific gravity of about 1.025, ph of about 8.2, and a calcium level of about 400 ppm. Like most large polyp stony corals, a torch coral benefits from moderate water flow. The polyps will remain retracted and under-inflated if the water current is too fast because the large flowing polyps are prone to rip and tear in high or ultra-high current environments.
The torch coral is a photosynthetic coral, meaning it has a relationship with symbiotic zooxanthellae (single-cell photosynthetic organisms) that live inside its tissues that converts the light energy into sugar. In exchange for a home inside the coral, the zooxanthellae split their harvest and feed the coral. Therefore, it is possible to keep the Torch coral without any feeding at all. However, all corals are animals, and animals are meant to eat.
The best placement for a torch coral is in a location that gets moderate water flow and moderate-intensity lighting. Torches are aggressive corals that protect themselves by wielding their sweeper tentacles maliciously. Sweeper tentacles are specialized tentacles that extend much larger than the typical tentacles and are equipped with stinging cells. Torches will send out these long tendrils to zap anything nearby within reach.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How long ago did you get it and did it have 0 flesh on the skeleton when you did buy it?

The bleach white skeleton shows very recent recession and it looks like the whole way to the top.

Like said by @Alexoss water parameters held as stable as possible will help it recover.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it? Looks pretty new. Did the skeleton look like that when you got it? Has it ever been nice and puffed up? The hammer and frogspawn in the other part of the tank look ok.
Also doesn't look like a torch to me. There are multi branching tentacles like a frogspawn.

OP
OP
Alexvalencia11

Alexvalencia11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it? Looks pretty new. Did the skeleton look like that when you got it? Has it ever been nice and puffed up? The hammer and frogspawn in the other part of the tank look ok.
Also doesn't look like a torch to me. There are multi branching tentacles like a frogspawn.
I've had for a couple weeks now. I got it the same day I got the hammer next to it, yes it was really nice an plumped the first week in the tank yeah its a frogspawn

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back