My two month old Maxspect Gyre xf350 has already stopped working

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home today and there was no flow in my tank. Took out the Gyre and the magnet and inside of the motor looked worn out. This was bought brand new two months ago. I was really loving the flow this put out compared to my MP40's but I'm not sure I can have confidence in this Gyre now. Can anyone tell what happened by these pictures?

15690297455438102280922946298676.jpg 15690297828845660342665483007109.jpg

charlie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I purchased 2 of my 330's along with the icv6 wireless module this past june, the icv6 failed on me after 2 months. Carlos from coral vue assited me on trouble shooting but ended up sending my a new icv6. Therafter my controller that ran the pumps ended up failing on me as well about a month after so about the 3 month mark, again Carlos ended up helping my out and sent me another module. Although the 2 330's are now working with issues, since then Iv switched to 2 mp40's as my main and relocated the 330's to the back, so far so good. If these fail on me again after the warranty period, I dont think id attempt to have it repaired on m dime or purchase replacements. Hopefully theyll run a few years to say the least I got my money's worth. Another reason I made the switched to the mp40's, the gyres is seemingly put as a "sheet" of water. In my tank I needed a spread of flow, the gyres seem to miss my corals, so Id either have to lower the gyres for adequate flow for corals that would take away the surface agitation. Its a great concept but I just wasnt to fond of the flow pattern even with the adjustabiity.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I purchased 2 of my 330's along with the icv6 wireless module this past june, the icv6 failed on me after 2 months. Carlos from coral vue assited me on trouble shooting but ended up sending my a new icv6. Therafter my controller that ran the pumps ended up failing on me as well about a month after so about the 3 month mark, again Carlos ended up helping my out and sent me another module. Although the 2 330's are now working with issues, since then Iv switched to 2 mp40's as my main and relocated the 330's to the back, so far so good. If these fail on me again after the warranty period, I dont think id attempt to have it repaired on m dime or purchase replacements. Hopefully theyll run a few years to say the least I got my money's worth. Another reason I made the switched to the mp40's, the gyres is seemingly put as a "sheet" of water. In my tank I needed a spread of flow, the gyres seem to miss my corals, so Id either have to lower the gyres for adequate flow for corals that would take away the surface agitation. Its a great concept but I just wasnt to fond of the flow pattern even with the adjustabiity.
Thanks for your support. As you know, the cage openning direction is adjustable, please kindly make a little adjustment on the cage openning directions, and see if it could reduce the surface agitation. And comparing to the Propeller Nozzle Technology(Mp40), Cross Flow Technology(Gyres) has below advantages:
① Virtually no dead spots.
② Evenly distributed flow rate throughout the entire aquarium.
③ Water bounces back from the other side to create a full circulation.ie.generating "gyre flows".

OP
OP
ImNemo

ImNemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I was still in the Amazon return window. Sent them back as I couldn't go without flow in my sps tank. Thanks anyway.

BraddB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my xf350 for right around 6 months and mine stops working after about 10 minutes. I take it out of the tank and get it working again only to have it happen all over again. I am really disappointed, especially after spending $360 on this.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my xf350 for right around 6 months and mine stops working after about 10 minutes. I take it out of the tank and get it working again only to have it happen all over again. I am really disappointed, especially after spending $360 on this.
Hi, regarding this issue, first of all, may we know if you have selected the correct pump model or not before running the pumps? The methods of selecting pump models are as follows:
Pump Model Setup Methods 1.jpg

If you do select the correct pump models but issue remains, do you mind swapping Pump A and Pump B, and see if the issue is in pump motor? Or in the controller channel?

BraddB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, regarding this issue, first of all, may we know if you have selected the correct pump model or not before running the pumps? The methods of selecting pump models are as follows:
Pump Model Setup Methods 1.jpg

If you do select the correct pump models but issue remains, do you mind swapping Pump A and Pump B, and see if the issue is in pump motor? Or in the controller channel?
The correct pump is already selected, and I only have the one Gyre.

BraddB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done this time after time. There is nothing stuck in it anywhere. All I want is for my expensive Gyre to work properly. I love these, but paying $360 for this to happen is a little frustrating.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done this time after time. There is nothing stuck in it anywhere. All I want is for my expensive Gyre to work properly. I love these, but paying $360 for this to happen is a little frustrating.
Hi, if you are pretty sure it is hardware issue, please kindly feel free to head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. One of the reps there will be able to help you. Thanks

Barks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home today and there was no flow in my tank. Took out the Gyre and the magnet and inside of the motor looked worn out. This was bought brand new two months ago. I was really loving the flow this put out compared to my MP40's but I'm not sure I can have confidence in this Gyre now. Can anyone tell what happened by these pictures?

15690297455438102280922946298676.jpg 15690297828845660342665483007109.jpg
Exactly the same thing happened to one of mine.

Barks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Hi, thanks for the photoes, it looks like hardware issue. For this issue, please head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. One of the reps there will be able to help you.
CoralVue Support Portal
Hi.
Ok thanks. Ill try it but i doubt they will send me a new motor and impeller.
Cheers

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back