my urchin is eating my snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter katsreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

katsreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2022
Messages
441
Reaction score
165
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally I had a turbo snail that was slowing down and then one day this urchin stuck to it's underside for a day before I pulled it off. It was eating the turbo snail but it had already passed prior. This is the second time now. It is a nassarius snail so I have no idea how it got him. I always find my urchin in this spot in the mornings the last few days and then tonight I see her in that same spot but this time with a snail. Is it possible the urchin could sense there was a dead nassarius snail under the sand and managed to pull it up over the course of a few nights? Or is my urchin just a killer >:(

IMG_7728.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new