My Versia Stream arrived!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this up and running yesterday! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
Initial thoughts...

It's quiet. Had to change the mode to reefcrest with a right-angle wave to be able to hear the change in motor/propeller speed, with my head right near the pump.

Feels like a good build, what I'd expect from GHL/Sicce product. Of course, time will tell. Has a nice range of direction to be able to point it up/down/left/right. It's running alongside my OctoPulse 2 and the Versia has more range.

I like that there are a nice handful of preset programs to choose from, and then it's exceptionally customizable if you choose.

Would like to see more info on the "controller" which doesn't seem to have any control on its own (everything is done through the apps). My dashboard in the GHL app will show its current state... would be nice to see that displayed on the controller. Right now it just shows if the pump is connected or not and its internal temp.

Setup and programming instructions are here: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kn...nual-setup-guide/#1677876213773-05756d56-88d8 No printed manual is included. I was able to get the pump up and running fairly easily but I think I'm going to have some questions on some of the details as I have time to look into it more.

20230416-DSC_6176-Reef.jpg

20230417-DSC_6198-Reef_HDR.jpg

GalaxyBenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a silly question, but I'm actually in the middle of setting up 2 of these new Versias on my reef. Do you know if it's possible to change the temperature display from Celsius to Fahrenheit?

I'm also curious, mine seem to make sort of a low "whine" at lower % power (like 10-30%). Did you notice that? I'm hoping it is just during this initial period. It's not crazy loud, but it's not great either.

I'm super excited to start playing with the pump groups. It looks like there is so much flexibility.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to report back as it's been about 4 months since I installed the Versia Stream.
It has been running flawlessly, no problems. I finally had to do some maintenance on it since it was getting covered in coralline and it was very easy to clean. The front cage pops right off so I could easily clean the propeller.
And it's still very quiet.

1691525976860.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back