My Waterbox 20.... what next?

dawi03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After changing tanks more times than changing undies I am finally happy. have blown a lot of money in the process but to say Im happy with the Waterbox 20 is an understatement.

Just for History and to help with my Build Thread here it is :

Jan 4th 2022 - Purchased my first tank, Fluval 13.5 gallon
hadnt even cycled tank fully before deciding I would get a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25

Jan 9th 2022- Purchased Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25
Loved this tank size, unfortunately I didnt have it in the right spot that I wanted, and due to the Peninsula shape, it wouldnt fit where I actually wanted it one I convinced the MRS that a tank in the Lounge Room is the right thing to do :)
Had cycled tank and decided to scrap it and go Freshwater due to freaking out about everything...... then backflipped again and went SW. kept fish in tank for about 2 weeks.

March 4th 2022 - Purchased Petworks 30l cube for bedside table just a FW setup. Subsequently sold tank after MRS got angry about having tank in bedroom. Loved it!

March 22nd 2022- Purchased my ultimate forever tank..... Waterbox Frag 85.3g.
Transferred everything to this tank from my Peninsula Mini, and spent a bucket load on gear. I thought this would be the last tank I get, loved the room, but with the amount of room came maintenance, and whilst I managed to curb my partners temper about having such a big tank, the thought of maintaining the tank not just cleanliness, but species inside it got the better of me, as family comes first not fish :). I wanted to find something that was asthetically pleasing, easy to clean/maintain, and small.

April 10 2022: Lightbulb moment, ill get a cube, the tank that I originally wanted when I first started looking. Facebook Marketplace had a fully loaded WB 10 setup, for relatively cheap. But I thought the wb10 was a little small, so I set my sights on a wb20, but I did buy the 2b10 setup and will be using a lot of the gear I bought with this tank, and use the wb10 as a backup.

Fast forward a week and im so happy ive gone through all of this, yes I have wasted a heap of money but I have learnt so much along the way, and how I feel about certain tanks and equipment. I would be the only person in the world I think that HATES sumps, and I will never go back to a Sump tank.

My current stock list is:

2 x Occy Clowns
1x Helfrichi Firefish
1 Lawnmower Blenny

6x Trochus Snails
1x nassarius Snail
1x conch

5 frag corals
1x small Elegance
1x Small Torch

Incoming stock list next week

1 decent sized Hammer
1 decent sized Torch
1 goni
1 x Cleaner Shrimp

I am looking for the last 1-2 fish to complete my livestock ( I might get some more snails down the track)
Looking for some suggestions that will get along with my 4 current fish and wont be bullies!

Any ideas for a 20 gallon tank? I was thinking a small fairy wrasse but unsure what Fairys will be happy in a 20 gallon? Any other suggestions at all?

Thankyou so much for looking and reading thru all of this :)

wb2122.jpg wb201.jpg wb20.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you after? Any certain species?
As for the wrasse I wouldn’t do a fairy unless it was temporary as they will outgrow the tank eventually.
I would go for either a Wetmorella or a Pseudocheilinops (Not a cheilinus).

OP
OP
D

dawi03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you after? Any certain species?
As for the wrasse I wouldn’t do a fairy unless it was temporary as they will outgrow the tank eventually.
I would go for either a Wetmorella or a Pseudocheilinops (Not a cheilinus).
I don’t care really, I was thinking a yellow goby as the bio load will be tiny and then one more fish. I don’t mind what it is was more so thinking a wrasse as it will serve a purpose :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t care really, I was thinking a yellow goby as the bio load will be tiny and then one more fish. I don’t mind what it is was more so thinking a wrasse as it will serve a purpose :)
Here’s what I’d do, purely because I prefer the unusual species compared to common species.
- A clowngoby of some sort
- A pink streak wrasse

I’d probably go for a Quinquestrigatus (5 stripe clown goby) or if possible - As I don’t know if this species is in the hobby but as it’s an Australian native I’d assume you can possibly get it. The other species of clown goby isn’t do is G. howsoni, it’s unusual in colour as usually gobiodon are a solid colour but this species has several colours.

OP
OP
D

dawi03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I’d do, purely because I prefer the unusual species compared to common species.
- A clowngoby of some sort
- A pink streak wrasse

I’d probably go for a (Quinquestrigatus5 stripe clown goby) or if possible - As I don’t know if this species is in the hobby but as it’s an Australian native I’d assume you can possibly get it. The other species of clown goby isn’t do is G. howsoni, it’s unusual in colour as usually gobiodon are a solid colour but this species has several colours.
I’m keen as for a clown goby as they were my first ever fish I wanted to put in a tank yet still have never had one! All I’ve ever seen is green coral gobys, the yellow clown goby, and the citrius goby.

Will look around for pink streaked wrasse too! Thanks mate!

OP
OP
D

dawi03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m keen as for a clown goby as they were my first ever fish I wanted to put in a tank yet still have never had one! All I’ve ever seen is green coral gobys, the yellow clown goby, and the citrius goby.

Will look around for pink streaked wrasse too! Thanks mate!
cant find Pink Streaked, they seem to be near on impossible to get in Australia :(

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant find Pink Streaked, they seem to be near on impossible to get in Australia :(
I’m pretty sure they’re a seasonal fish but I could be wrong. It’s a nightmare trying to find them over here aswell, I’d love to pair mine up but trying to find one that’s smaller is near on impossible.

OP
OP
D

dawi03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure they’re a seasonal fish but I could be wrong. It’s a nightmare trying to find them over here aswell, I’d love to pair mine up but trying to find one that’s smaller is near on impossible.
Ahh ok! Might get the goby then for now and play the waiting game :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back