My wife moved my tank...

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a test.....Why don't you dump her pocket book out on the floor, and break her curling iron? Then see how that goes for you.

ArtisticReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these people telling you to divorce your wife over a small aquarium must have terrible relationships. I know some of them are joking but still. Support your wife, it sounds like she was doing well in her mind, grit through it like men are supposed to, and move on.

In the end, fish tanks are easy to replace. A partner through this life and the next, not so much!

This is a very selfish hobby. Crap happens. Good luck dude! Enjoy life.
Well said. I also think most are joking. Anyone who gets divorced over any fish tank has their priorities messed up. Everyone looses in a divorce.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just dragged it
I don't know if this comment will help or not, but you mentioned 'salt creep' in the area of the leak - which usually doesn't just occur within hours, i.e. I wonder if it was going to leak anyway. In any case, so sorry to hear - it must be a total mess in multiple ways!

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this comment will help or not, but you mentioned 'salt creep' in the area of the leak - which usually doesn't just occur within hours, i.e. I wonder if it was going to leak anyway. In any case, so sorry to hear - it must be a total mess in multiple ways!
I made it to the salt creeping seam about 12 hours after she moved it. Somehow there was a small something between the stand and the floor that put it about 4mm out of level. It stresses the seam over night. It was, I believe on the cusp of a complete blowout because of the twist/torque applied at the corners. After I drained it down I saw the on the opposite corner, it was doing the same.

No more dead tank talk. I'm moving on to life.
New thread here:

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wash all her light clothes with a brand new red cotton towel

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

His Coral Highness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made it to the salt creeping seam about 12 hours after she moved it. Somehow there was a small something between the stand and the floor that put it about 4mm out of level. It stresses the seam over night. It was, I believe on the cusp of a complete blowout because of the twist/torque applied at the corners. After I drained it down I saw the on the opposite corner, it was doing the same.

No more dead tank talk. I'm moving on to life.
New thread here:
The rational minds prevail lol. Can’t change the past, just have a new learning experience. Good for you

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said. I also think most are joking. Anyone who gets divorced over any fish tank has their priorities messed up. Everyone looses in a divorce.
I have won in a divorce (no kids). I did not realize it at the time, but it was a BIG win. Expensive too, but worth every penny!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back