My wife moved my tank...

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy
Just buy a bigger tank and give her the bill. My wife decided to go in the loft for a look when I was working. She said when I got home theres a problem in the loft she went through the bedroom ceiling

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd hire a good lawyer and toss her to the curb, unless you have kids then I'd give her a one time pass :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: My Gal would never even feed my tanks much less move one.
26 years married and she's ways kept her hands off. Except one little pea puffer in a fluvial years ago. She took a liking to his care.

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
christmas vacation GIF

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the dilemma.

I live in a 1963 mid century modern. I have long thought that a 3' x3' x 2.5' with a center or corner overflow would be quite appropriate in the bar/lounge.

But I have so much other stuff to do. This little tank near zero effort.

A new awesome tank means more uglies, special deliveries of sand from the coast, angry UPS drivers negotiating the 5 gal bucket of salt in a 6.5 gal box. I don't know if I can do all of that again.

No this isn't a build thread to be.
You can do it, we have faith in you. First step is getting the new (much larger) tank ordered. ;)

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your pride and joy. You can probably get away with a bigger tank now. Nice job on keeping your cool. This accident is no where near divorce IMO
Nowhere near divorce. It registered disappointment. Not in her, just that it is over. It was gonna come one day or another. Hurricane, electric problem, bacterial bloom, who knows. Heck I've often thought of shutting it down. But I couldn't ever do it. Only you folks would understand how many hours I spent on that little box of water.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did she drain it and then moved it or just dragged it full? And if the move caused the leak did she not notice it?

My wife has no care in the world for any of my aquariums. I could get rid of the 90g in the living room and wouldn't be surprise if she didn't ask about until months laters.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is she officially a missing person now? I have 33 years of marriage coming up in December. I’ve had my tank for over 2 years in the most used room in the house. I don’t think my wife even knows we have a tank, no worries here.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My wife @Ocean_Queenie would never be able to move any of our tanks. But if she did and something like this happened it would be “Oh well” time to start fresh. A shout out for the wife of having the initiative to set up her home office. Communication of course would have been great, but I’m guessing she wanted to show her man she could do it and wanted to see his pride in her accomplishment. The out come isn’t what either the OP or the wife wanted, but kudos to OP for being level headed and keeping his cool. There may be legitimate reasons for divorce, but even the most awesome super reef isn’t one (as long as it was an accident). Poopoo happens, but I would bet that since he didn’t erupt, his wife loves him even more.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the dilemma.

I live in a 1963 mid century modern. I have long thought that a 3' x3' x 2.5' with a center or corner overflow would be quite appropriate in the bar/lounge.

But I have so much other stuff to do. This little tank near zero effort.

A new awesome tank means more uglies, special deliveries of sand from the coast, angry UPS drivers negotiating the 5 gal bucket of salt in a 6.5 gal box. I don't know if I can do all of that again.

No this isn't a build thread to be.
You just described all my favorite parts of the hobby! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
And the mid century with 3' cube tank. Although I'll tell you right now that a center overflow won't work. Not enough room left for rock and coral. Explored that and decided to go with a corner overflow.

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife @Ocean_Queenie would never be able to move any of our tanks. But if she did and something like this happened it would be “Oh well” time to start fresh. A shout out for the wife of having the initiative to set up her home office. Communication of course would have been great, but I’m guessing she wanted to show her man she could do it and wanted to see his pride in her accomplishment. The out come isn’t what either the OP or the wife wanted, but kudos to OP for being level headed and keeping his cool. There may be legitimate reasons for divorce, but even the most awesome super reef isn’t one (as long as it was an accident). Poopoo happens, but I would bet that since he didn’t erupt, his wife loves him even more.
Right…I’d be on the missing wives list lol

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did she drain it and then moved it or just dragged it full? And if the move caused the leak did she not notice it?

My wife has no care in the world for any of my aquariums. I could get rid of the 90g in the living room and wouldn't be surprise if she didn't ask about until months laters.
Just dragged it

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just described all my favorite parts of the hobby! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
And the mid century with 3' cube tank. Although I'll tell you right now that a center overflow won't work. Not enough room left for rock and coral. Explored that and decided to go with a corner overflow.

That's a great space!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back