myAI app reverting to 1 Jan 1970 and different timezone

renay86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've had the myAI app set up for over 2 years. I'm running a Hydra 32 and Nero 5 through the app.

Over the last few days the app date/time has reverted to 1 Jan 1970 and a different timezone. This means the light has been turning on during the night or early morning. It's playing havoc with the tank.

I've reset the date and timezone 3 times now but it just reverts to 1 Jan 1970 after a day or so. I've sent a bug report through the app.

Has anyone else encountered this before? The app has worked perfectly before now.

Thanks

Last edited:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, mine did it periodically for a couple of years while I was running AI lights. I narrowed it down to after power cuts, or after me switching off the lights manually.

I gave up and switched the powerheads to Mobius and sold the lights.

Try and run your lights in Mobius.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've had the myAI app set up for over 2 years. I'm running a Hydra 32 and Nero 5 through the app.

Over the last few days the app date/time has reverted to 1 Jan 1970 and a different timezone. This means the light has been turning on during the night or early morning. It's playing havoc with the tank.

I've reset the date and timezone 3 times now but it just reverts to 1 Jan 1970 after a day or so. I've sent a big report through the app.

Has anyone else encountered this before? The app has worked perfectly before now.

Thanks
The exact same thing happened to my lights/pumps on my Nano tank, however not on another tank.
This happened maybe a month ago.

I think it is related to the devices losing access to the time server - I don't believe it is the App.
In my case the nano and the main tank connect to different nodes on my Wifi mesh network.

It resolved itself after a few irritating weeks.

Mako199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same thing happen last week with mobius and my xr15s . Randomly reset to Jan 1 1970 for no reason. Reset time and date and has been fine for a week. Mobius did update firmware for xr15s the previous week before the problem so maybe that had something to do with.

Hats_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem a while ago, I run AI Primes and had a Nero 3, it turns out the Nero was causing it and after a couple of days it just randomly died. The lights work fine now so I don't really know what the issue was, it could be power related.

OP
OP
R

renay86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies everyone. I had to reset the light twice in the middle of night so it seems to be getting worse. I'll try the Mobius app to see if it's better and maybe try turning everything off for a full reset.

OP
OP
R

renay86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update if anyone reads this thread in the future, I downloaded the Mobius app and ran the light and pump through it. It's been working perfectly with no date/time issues.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back