Insect/bugs in tank

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2024
Messages
67
Reaction score
12
Location
dublin Ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve discovered there is some sort of inscect living under my gsp frag have only noticed it today I’m new to the hobby and never dipper my coral before placing them in my reed can someone please explain what this is and a solution if necessary thanks

 

Attachments

  • IMG_1857.png
    IMG_1857.png
    819.6 KB · Views: 85
The videos are very blurry, but my best guess would be an amphipod. Also, this is not an emergency. Only use that tag if it is.
Well as I said I’m a beginner in the hobby and I’m aware that pests can effect a coral so in my eyes it is a emergency
 
Amphipods are living fish food.

You want them in there, they’ll eat algae you don’t want, and your fish will eat them.

Some people pay good money for these things!
I’ve removed them as I was worried they might harm my coral and I was having issues with it so I assumed the worst lesson learned anyway appreciate the reply
 
I’ve removed them as I was worried they might harm my coral and I was having issues with it so I assumed the worst lesson learned anyway appreciate the reply

Don’t worry, there’s almost no chance it was the only one. And as you add more corals, snails, etc you’ll get more.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new