MyGHL Slowness?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone seeing slowness when connecting to MyGHL - time outs connecting to controller, timeouts trying to load graphs etc.

Connecting directly to the controller via browser does not seem to show the same slowness.

Wondering if it's just me or my setup or are others seeing it seem slower over the past few days.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues for me. Both the app and myghl working without any issues or slowness. It taking the normal time to connect but once in no slowness except for the chart being displayed.

DrSamwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen both problems, the need to refill containers multiple times as well as slow operation. Especially I have found that if I leave connection open on my PC and return later on, it works but really slow. However, if I go again to login page and log in then it is faster, but still not fluid. I have created support tickets of both these issues to GHL.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump,

Unusably slow for me. 5 mins and still spinning circles.

I'm in Australia, but you would expect GHL to have some servers on this side of the world.

I just setup a VPN so I can log in direct as the myGHL site is worthless.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found the more tiles you put on the app's desktop, the longer it takes to load. I find graphs are the worst for slowing the app down. So I don't show those anymore.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find graphs are the worst for slowing the app down
My experiences too. But if I´m at home - I use the internal webserver in P4 but graph takes time - because the P4 style graphs is not stored locally in P4

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sitting in Sweden - the servers is probably in California so I would have longer way than you. But here it works well

Sincerely Lasse
I'm confused by the disparity reported by users. I have useless connectivity, but others say it is fine.

I worked for many years in network engineering, before the internet really evolved.

Pinging myghl.com [104.21.85.200] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 104.21.85.200: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=58
Reply from 104.21.85.200: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=58
Reply from 104.21.85.200: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=58
Reply from 104.21.85.200: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=58.

Nothing wrong with that from Australia, but I can't get it to load my page no matter how long I wait.
Perhaps a server load issue. Maybe someone just needs to kick the server box :)

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using myGHL has been very inconsistent for me lately. It seems to get hung up loading sensors half the time. I have no graphs trying to minimize what is there. If it does not load in the first minute or so it never will so I disconnect and retry.

Using the app on my iPhone has become pretty much worthless now

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experiences too. But if I´m at home - I use the internal webserver in P4 but graph takes time - because the P4 style graphs is not stored locally in P4

Sincerely Lasse
Yes, I turned all that off. I only really need essential data if I travel, not nice graphs.

It just worked a lot faster to setup a VPN and log into either the local webserver, or use the app from the VPN connected iphone.

Something can be fixed somewhere, and I'm happy to help with any testing

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1634041168478.png

Sincerely Lasse

Reefr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue for me when trying to connect: often very slow and even just not connecting... It is worse during "busy" times (ie evening, etc.)
And when I'm finally connected, saving changes is working half of the time, the other half I need to reconnect and try again (loosing all my previous changes in the process...)

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, too, have this issue. The oddest part is that I worked with @Vinny@GHLUSA a year or so back to connect my Doser 2.1 Master directly to my router to eliminate the possibility of it being my wifi, and it still goes slow. I'd say every time I got to myghl.com or to my app, I have a 50/50 shot as to whether it will load or not. In all honestly it's lower than that, 30/70 with it failing 70% of the time. I even ordered another Doser 2.1 Master in anticipation of the Ion Director (instead of slave) and tried that - same thing. I've just kind of learned to live with it, but when my IOD gets here I'll likely re-up the discussion and see whats going on.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back