myGHL won't connect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give some pointers on how to get myGHL working? It worked for a bit when I first got my Profilux but at some point it stopped working and hasn't worked since. Typically it's not a big deal, but I will be going on a trip next week and would like to be able to check in on the tank while I'm gone.

myGHL is enabled with full access in GCC and has an ID and security key, but when I go to the myGHL website and enter the ID and hit verify it just tells me "device not connected".

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure your device is on WiFi/Lan, and has a valid DNS server set. If not, it will not be able to resolve the MyGHL server connections.
If you're running old(er) firmware both device and if P4/LX7 please also update the WiFi firmware.

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure your device is on WiFi/Lan, and has a valid DNS server set. If not, it will not be able to resolve the MyGHL server connections.
If you're running old(er) firmware both device and if P4/LX7 please also update the WiFi firmware.
Device (P4) is on wifi set as Client and Access Point. DNS server is set as 4.2.2.1 and Wifi firmware is 6565

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of things:
Your WiFi firmware could use an update, yours has been superseded by a few versions.
Also you’re using L3’s anycast DNS servers. While they are usually fine to use, they have fallen out of favor due to issues and L3 stating that they were primarily for their own customer base, and at one point their NOC informed that they should not be used for public non-customer base as global recursive resolvers.

I’d switch to Alphabets’s any casted servers: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

OP
OP
KJoFan

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of things:
Your WiFi firmware could use an update, yours has been superseded by a few versions.
Also you’re using L3’s anycast DNS servers. While they are usually fine to use, they have fallen out of favor due to issues and L3 stating that they were primarily for their own customer base, and at one point their NOC informed that they should not be used for public non-customer base as global recursive resolvers.

I’d switch to Alphabets’s any casted servers: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4
I changed the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and updated the wifi which is now at 6619 and still says no device connected.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.3%
Back