myrtle beach reefers?

Kuub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a soon to be back Myrtle Beach Reefer. Currently building out a ProStar Rimless. Been out for 12 years. This will be my 4th tank. Is there anywhere at the beach anymore to buy SW critters? Or is Charleston The best place to go? Really sad to hear about Bruce. I used to visit his store quite often when I had my old tank.

Bapeluso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the lagoon!
coral_crinoid_chimney_787med.jpg

OP
OP
inletfish

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol you guys are all so nice on reef 2 reef ive been here since 2013 lol.

so i made this post to find local reefers, and guess what i did...

i missed the dang local meeting yesterday granted we were buying a car but im bummed i missed that opportunity.

20200229_174343.jpg

Last edited:

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for that, I needed it. He really was a great man
Wow! I live in myrtle and while in the nmb area this afternoon i swung by seacritters depot to pick up some emerald crabs and see what other frags bruce mayve had. I pulled up to two dumpsters infront of the store and the sound of sawzalls cutting in the side garage. Not knowing what happened i didnt want to dosturb the workers, thinking "oh wow maybe bruce is moving to a larger location." He and his store will be missed in the mb area, we now only have 1 lfs and 2 petco's. Wonder what happened with all his livestock

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So where do you my guys go to shop? Petco's selection is terrible and overpriced. Coastline on 707, I haven't been in there for a few yrs. I think they were selling aiptasia last I was in there. Seems like next closest places are Wilmington and Columbia? Wonder how many local refers we have, Bruce was typ pretty busy on weekends.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I live in myrtle and while in the nmb area this afternoon i swung by seacritters depot to pick up some emerald crabs and see what other frags bruce mayve had. I pulled up to two dumpsters infront of the store and the sound of sawzalls cutting in the side garage. Not knowing what happened i didnt want to dosturb the workers, thinking "oh wow maybe bruce is moving to a larger location." He and his store will be missed in the mb area, we now only have 1 lfs and 2 petco's. Wonder what happened with all his livestock
God that petco in Pawleys Island is so bad! At least is was last time I was there in July

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So where do you my guys go to shop? Petco's selection is terrible and overpriced. Coastline on 707, I haven't been in there for a few yrs. I think they were selling aiptasia last I was in there. Seems like next closest places are Wilmington and Columbia? Wonder how many local refers we have, Bruce was typ pretty busy on weekends.
Fishy Business in Columbia is an awesome store. I am up in Greenville myself. My buddy runs Savage Reefs in Lexington as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back