Mystery Euphillyia ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter tinoracha
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tinoracha

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2019
Messages
22
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this coral a few weeks ago from the LFS. Has the body of a euphillyia but tentacles I've never seen before. Pictures are fully extended.
Think I payed ~$40.

16045150316821240947791040778756.jpg 16045150863361681912590815132054.jpg
 
It may be a type of torch coral. There is a very short tentacle torch variant, i just cant remember the name of it.
 
oh never mind, you've had it for that long? I guess it could be one of the aussies @Acroporakiller mentioned. It could also be a cristata torch, if you see visible skeleton that may be the case.
 
The small tentacle tips puzzle me the most, it seems most of the short tentacle aussies have these fat cylindrical tentacles. In contrast mine has small yellow ish tips that tapper to a point... still curious....
 
Looks like an Aussie torch
 
The small tentacle tips puzzle me the most, it seems most of the short tentacle aussies have these fat cylindrical tentacles. In contrast mine has small yellow ish tips that tapper to a point... still curious....
Hi, it appears to be a Cristata. Looks very similar to a TSA Green Tipped Cristata. :)
Same genus as a Torch coral but generally found deeper than standard torches.
 
Tentacle length resembles cristata.
Tips look wrong though.
The tips on mine are much more bulbous.
I remember seeing a "micronesian" torch somewhere that resembled that shape. Liveaquaria maybe?

Just my nooby $.02;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new