Mystery fish finally id'ed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nemoose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nemoose

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2012
Messages
161
Reaction score
1
Location
Bloomington, Il
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apet actually responded to my question about the mystery fish I bought at my LFS. It is Lepidozygus tapeinosoma. Commonly called a fuslier damsel or redwing coral damsel. I didnt find much info about it so if anybody can fill me in a little about adult size, rarity or anything else it would be aprreciated.
 
I have had a few of them before. I consider it to be a mix between a damsel and an anthias. Really more like an anthias than anything else. Fairly hardy and like meaty foods like mysis and enriched brine. I have seen them as big as 5" but not sure about the max size. I think it depends on the species you get. Post some pics of yours! I had a trio of purple ones, they were pretty expensive if I remember correctly.
 
Ty illdoya. That was the link that Apet sent me. And it is one of 2 sites I found that had any info at all. Mine is about 2 inches now and I have been having problems getting a decent pic , I only paid $8.00 for it. The attached pic is not mine, but it is very close to it.


damsel28.jpg
 
That's awesome that you now know what your mystery fish is.
 
I havnt seen the green ones before. Mine were the color of a purple queen anthias and about 4" long. $8.00 is a steal!!!
 
LOL Alex. I am thinking mine may still be in juvenile colors so I waiting to see how it matures. The name when I bought it was "blood red chromis" so Im hoping to see some of the red color come out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new