N:P Solution

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dan Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dan Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2017
Messages
129
Reaction score
59
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I'm currently dosing 15ml of ammonium bicarbonate (20g/L) and 6ml (to deliver 0,02mg/L) of Phosphate from Fauna Marin in a 300l tank.

I'm out of dosing heads and I'm dosing Phosphate manually. I was wondering if I could combine N:P in one single solution to take advantage of the dosing pump.

I asked ChatGPT to help me and this is what I got:

1. It's best to be a concentrated solution to reduce the microbiological risk;
2. It's best to acidify the solution to maintain ammonia stable and reduce microbiological risk.

The suggested solution is:
  • 200 g/L de ammonium bicarbonate
  • 75,3 mg/L de monosodium phosphate
  • 10 mL/L de vinegar
The suggested dose is: 1,4ml/day to dose 0,02ppm/L P and 0,2mg/L ammonia.

What do you guys think of that? Would it be stable?

Do you think the C addition from the vinegar is negligible? My goal is to dose N and P. The vinegar is there just to acidify the solution.

Alternatively I could use ammonium chloride but in Brazil its controlled so it's not easy to access.

Thanks!
 
Do you think I need the vinegar to keep the solution without microbial growth ?
 
Do you think I need the vinegar to keep the solution without microbial growth ?

Dilute vinegar may make it worse. Without vinegar, algae may grow, but not heterotrophic bacteria as they have no organic to consume. Keep it dark if no vinegar. If using vinegar, I’d try to keep it close to full strength.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new