N00b question about food.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cba191

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
954
Location
salt lake city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a reef aquarium before. I'm picking up my first 3 fish wednesday. 3 zebra dartfish. if almost all my fish are carnivorous, whet is the best food for them? Down the road, I plan on adding 2 wrasses, a shrimp goby, a flame hawkfish, a dwarf angel, and a couple clowns.
 
While some swear by a pellet only diet, I say variety is king.

A good “staple” would be frozen mysis, or even a blended frozen like LRS and Rod’s, while mixing in other types of food like brine shrimp, clams, pellets, flakes, paste, etc…
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new