OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't open a debate, people around the world will get fish in different time scales!
England, maybe a week through the chain!
I hate that they starve fish from the export point, I do see the reasons behind it, there were 4 of these to choose from at my lfs, I do worry about ones that go into "clean" systems, it grazed for a couple of hours before trying out open water and I saw it poop, I so wish I could import fish and feed them "naturally" before passing them on!

DSC_0001 (1024x669).jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't open a debate, people around the world will get fish in different time scales!
England, maybe a week through the chain!
I hate that they starve fish from the export point, I do see the reasons behind it, there were 4 of these to choose from at my lfs, I do worry about ones that go into "clean" systems, it grazed for a couple of hours before trying out open water and I saw it poop, I so wish I could import fish and feed them "naturally" before passing them on!

DSC_0001 (1024x669).jpg

Poor thing.. I’m sure before long in your care he will be pleasingly plump :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shook hands with someone I have known for 15 years and said goodbye last Friday.
Work mate, not a friend, I will probably never see him again.
15 people left on Friday, we knew of 3 or 4 before hand.
About 15 minutes before the "goodbye" gathering it finally hit me that my "work family" of 18 years were just evaporating in front of my eyes. It is the first time I felt sad about the situation.

I nearly wept this evening about it, I need to see my doctor, I'm not sure I can cope with this and might needs my meds tweaked! ;)

Any awww, keep your chin up, best wishes and thoughts are with you posts will be ignored and will make me grumpy, just saying! :p

My daily maintenance of the tanks takes me about 3 or 4 minutes, including feeding, tanks now in maintenance mode!

Business as usually probably! ;)

DSC_0003 (1024x683).jpg

DSC_0004 (1024x672).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm debating caulerpa for my macro fuge... could u give me an idea of the rate of growth u get from it, say, monthly?

It is hard to measure because I don't test and harvest at random intervals.
At a guess I would say a quart jug a month but it really is system dependant.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any awww, keep your chin up, best wishes and thoughts are with you posts will be ignored and will make me grumpy, just saying! :p
My wife would tell our son to "Suck it up Buttercup" but that seems insensitive so I won't tell you to do the same. ;)

I nearly wept this evening about it, I need to see my doctor, I'm not sure I can cope with this and might needs my meds tweaked! ;)
Silver linings! ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Glad to see the Scopas out and about! I guess he is figuring out that his home is safe again!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@najer
Wishing you all the best. The upside is you have a chance meet a new work family. I would suggest you keep in touch with your work family if you feel that close to them....you can never have too many friends.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about the tanks a lot recently, running wise.
I am going to buy a load of test kits next week!
*insert pause whilst observers pick themselves off the floor*

When I bought the echinata acro a very interesting comment was made, high nutrients will make it go dark!
It is a shade lighter than when I got it, because I designed it to be a mixed reef I think it is about time to try and tweek things a bit to try and keep everyone happy at the same time! ;)

DSC_0003 (1024x688).jpg

DSC_0004 (1024x675).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back